Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Trails around Nice and Cannes?
  • dogarden
    Free Member

Going to Antibes for 2 weeks and have been allowed to take my bike on holiday for the first time 😀
    Has anyone been?
    Any advice on trails or shops I could get info from?
    Any help for a dry, dusty trails newbie much appreciated!
    Cheers

Moses

Check out http://www.vttour.fr/sentiers/

I know there are some good trails aroumd Sospel, just N of Menton & there’s a train service there from Nice.

Alex

Sospel is fantastic. Had five days there in late March. Ash Smith (who runs the trans provence) guides up there and the trails are amazing. I was certainly glad to have a guide/some uplift. Ash knows all the best trails. Did I mention how amazing they are? 😉

If you want guiding you can find him via the trans-provence site. If not, some trails marked out of sospel (which is an hour from nice by car), bit less by train. Not sure if there’s anything mapped, not many bike shops out there!

Alex

Some photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexleigh/sets/72157633100030452/with/8594896534/ to give you an idea of the trails. And some of the bars 😉

dogarden
    Free Member

Thanks guys,going to be hiring a car anyway so distance not too much of an issue.
    Alex, is it easy enough to find trails on your own?
    Will be going end of august, according to site Ash isn’t there at that time of year and I’m happy to go searching on my own.
    Great photos by the way!

Alex

There’s a couple of easy to find VTTs out of Sospel. About 45-60 mins up, 5-10 mins down. The rest of the stuff we did I’ve absolutely no idea where it is. Or even which country as you’re close to the Italian border there. Might be worth dropping Ash an email, he’ll be happy to help you out if he can.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have a look on here too for some ideas (you can search by region) Utagawa VTT

As per the UK a lot of the riding in France is on paths / tracks which are marked on the IGN maps, you can buy these online and the site above allows you to select IGN as map source and then scroll around so you can do some research.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I did a quick search and found this one link

Perhaps a bit long (7hrs and 55k) and not one to do alone, talks of vertigo in first section and some tunnels where you night have to take the front wheel off to get the bike through 🙂 lights required. Anyway shows whats listed online

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Trails around Nice and Cannes?’ is closed to new replies.