• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by goby.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trails around Lustleigh as on holiday there..
  • goby

Hi Everyone, we off on a family holiday with the in laws in may and i will need to get out and sample some trails, has anyone got any good recommendations in this area?

Thanks

amedias
    Free Member

yep, basically that whole area around the cleave and Manaton/Water/Hunters Tor/Hound Tor is great, either grab a map and go exploring, or poke around on Strava/*other GPS route App* and look for segments and have a gander at other people’s rides, or find a local to show you around, there’s plenty that know the area well on here, just depends on when really.

Can be more specific later tonight (when I’ve got more time to type and link to maps/routes) if nobody else chimes in before then, which I’m sure they will!

goby

Oh thats a great help never thought of looking on strava. Is Lustleigh a good place to start out from then?

wilko1999
    Free Member

About as good as it gets I’d say with the Nutcracker and surrounding trails on your doorstep. If I was off on holiday staying in Lustleigh my family wouldn’t see me for dust 😀

wildc4rd
    Free Member

I live about 5 miles from Lustleigh, happy to catch up when you get here and show you some local trails. Otherwise, as people have mentioned nutcracker on the cleave, and around the Manaton/Water/Lustleigh/Parke woods area are all good trails. An afternoon ride out from Princetown about 30 minutes away is worth doing, and Haldon Forest trail centre is also worth a visit, about 20 minutes in the other direction.

goby

Oh found nutcracker on strava and a few lopps.

Ah thanks wilc4rd will catch up with you near the time and maybe sort something out as local knowledge is always usefull!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Trails around Lustleigh as on holiday there..’ is closed to new replies.