Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Trails around leith hill
  • lungman

Hi does anyone have any trails for the area around leith hill etc. Anything would be of help, hoping for a ride Sunday morning.

Cheers for any help

Jay

glenp
    Free Member

Leith Hill is quite large and rambling compare to other bits of Surrey Hills- as a kid I remember being baffled by it. Often you will lose track of which way it is back to the top, let alone where all the stuff is. Best thing would be to tag along with some riders – maybe turn up at Nirvana Cycles in Westcott (be nice to the locals, park a little way away and ride to the village) – or maybe get yourself to the top of the hill and ask other riders.

The Summer Lightning trails are easy enough though go to the Plough at Coldharbour, then down the byway opposite (Wolvens Lane) – trails are on the left.

shortcut

as Glenp says hook up with locals and or ride with Nirvana Cyles at 11 from Westcott.

there are 3 hills worth exploring at this time of year, Leith Hill, Holmbury Hill and Pitch Hill are south of the A25 and all offer good but different riding.

take your brave trousers if you are riding with Nirvana as some of the trails are interesting!

lungman

Thanks guys

grantway
    Free Member

Take a look at muddymoles.org or simply google it and you get his
    web site up.
    Most info there.

dalepoint
    Free Member
    rootes1

Head for the hills shop in dorking sells local route guides

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hang around the bus shelter/bike shop in Peaslake and ask if you can tag along with some folks for a while. I've often had folks join in my rides, always happy to share some local knowledge.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Trails around leith hill’ is closed to new replies.