Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Trails around Bristol
  • nolan
    Free Member

I’ve been riding around Bristol for years but tended to stick to the tried and tested Ashton Court, Leigh Woods (with a bit of the off piste) and 50 Acre. Anyone willing to meet up and show me round some of the other natural trails?

goyawave
    Free Member

Not sure I know much more than the off piste by the picnic bench, the ones on the other plus the trail with the fallen log and rock hurdle are about as much as I do, otherwise have you tried Belmont woods?

northerntom
    Free Member

I’m similar, mainly hit the off piste stuff at Leigh woods, but have only moved to Bristol recently, so certainly keen to explore more areas.

Keen to get involved if anyone wants to go for an explore.

goyawave
    Free Member

I’m supposed to be riding FoD today but am stuck in a hospital, so if all is well I’m keen to make up some riding time one eve next week, either Leigh Woods off piste or Belmont?

northerntom
    Free Member

Yeah can do, I am fairly free next week, so Tues/Wed/Thurs all work.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

FoD!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

FoD!

mark90
    Free Member

I’m just learning the Leigh Woods off piste stuff. Been out a couple of times around there with BMBC which has been good.

Also been up exploring around Clevedon Court woods.

nolan
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies guys. I’ll drop you an email later. Leigh Woods or Belmont are good for me. I went to a dig day in Belmont earlier this year to partly have a look at the trails – there some big features there. I think Rocky looked the most rideable. Also had a scout around for more singletrack stuff but didn’t really hit on anything that great at the time.

mark90
    Free Member

There is a bit of singletrack in Belmont woods, drops off the top track. Also Bourton combe is worth a look for a few singletrack runs. Be up for a ride next week, although am already out with groups on tues/wed.

joespencer33
    Free Member

I think there’s a group that go from the bridge or golf course on saturday (Bristol tail group maybe?) and a week night too.
    The Uni goes Thursday at 2pm and saturday at 10pm from the east side of the bridge (in term time). I just left but they’re all pretty accommodating if you ask when you rock up if its okay to ride with them.

Other option is go off Strava.
    Good trails in Leigh are picnic bench, knicker, Rocky horror, s**t tent and happy camper. Once you’re on those you’ll see plenty that you’ll just have to push up to find the top.

Belmont again is good, just lend a hand when you see the guys there or go to a dig day. I can’t hit most of the jumps but still plenty of fun to be had.

Some stuff to go at in bourton combe and wraxall piece too – have a bit of an explore!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Trails around Bristol’ is closed to new replies.