Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Trails Alwinton – Cheviots
  • fergal
    Free Member

Anyone help with ideas for north of Alwinton, what is the bridelway like running through Kidland forest, any singletrack? Ta.

GEDA
    Free Member

Rubbish do not bother, overgrown, boggy and the track down the uswayford is rubbish. The forestry road up past whiteburnshank is my favorite way up to the border from alwinton.

fergal
    Free Member

Very good! who rattled your cage 😆

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fergal
    Free Member

It really amazes how precious some folks seems to be about riding bicycles, great to see a bit of wild countryside, if the terrain is challenging all the better.

So anyone got any beta on the quality of the BW up into Kidland please.

leeph
    Free Member

You need Derek Purdy guide – highly recommend his Middle Route.

Let me know your email address and I will forward a GPX file.

fergal
    Free Member

Thanks rode that at the weekend, not for the first time, as sublime as ever, just pondering the very obvious BW nord into the forest of Kidland, hoping for some secret treasure!

Drac

Geda has answered you he’s told not to bother and use the Whiteburnshank one, there are others too coming up from Uswayford. Are you wanting to get up to Windy Gyle and ride the ridge?

fergal
    Free Member

Sorry Geda, I didn’t realise you were being serious, is the Usway burn rubbish?.

Drac not the Border ridge in particular, I quite like going over Windy Gyle via the awkward climb up Hazely law, which I have yet to clean.

GEDA
    Free Member

uswayford

I will give you another tip as the last one was so graciously received. The next bridleway along from the one you go up is good in the forest but not so good once it gets to the out-by. I cleared a lot of fallen trees from here last year and banked up some with earth so you could clear them with a bit of fun. The plantation forest road is the easy way to get to the border ridge.

Down hazeylaw from the border ridge is fun, as is windygyle to trows in an old school way, clennel street to cocklawfoot, and would like to try kelsocleugh rig as a down, always done it as a climb but I bet it would be fun. Anybody done it?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trails Alwinton – Cheviots’ is closed to new replies.