Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trailraker tyre equivalent for 29er
  • variflex
    Free Member

Morning Everyone,
    So, what with all this wet weather and washed out trails, what trailraker equivalent exists for 29″ wheels? Seem to remember a thread on here over the last couple of weeks, but search tool isnt turning up much.

Rgds
    JC

johnnystorm

Happy with my Maxxis Beavers in this grotty weather. I probably wouldn’t go for the EXC ones again, the sidewalls feel a bit delicate. The tread feels properly soft and gummy though. 🙂

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Bonty XR-Mud is availble in 29″ flavour. Possibly not quite as aggressive as a trailraker, but the upshot is its not a death-trap on anything that isn’t deep mud.

Aidan
    Free Member

Bonty Mud-X is the closest to a Trailraker.

Maxxis Beaver is less of an out-and-out anti-clag tyre.

For mixed conditions, Beavers are my favourite. For clag-fests like The Chilterns, Mud X is better for the worst of it.

variflex
    Free Member

hmm, Ive got some 26 inch Mud-X’s and didnt find them any use, if anything bogged down quite a bit.

Will look at BEavers and Spec Storm Controls.

Many thanks

ratherbeintobago

Bonty XR-Mud is availble in 29″ flavour. Possibly not quite as aggressive as a trailraker, but the upshot is its not a death-trap on anything that isn’t deep mud.

If they’re anything like the 26″ ones, they are a death trap on wet rock, however.

Andy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Trailraker tyre equivalent for 29er’ is closed to new replies.