Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Trailer wheel
  • cudubh

I went to take the trailer out this morning to take stuff to the tip but one of the tyres was flat. It has had a slow puncture for a while so I decided to replace the tyre rather than blow it up every time. I got home with the replacement tyre on the wheel and was about to fit it to the trailer when I noticed it was flat. Further invetigation showed that there is a leak in the wheel, not at the rim, so it wasn’t a mounting issue. I put some air in and could find the leak in the wheel. I knew it was a bit rusty and it was at one of the moore rusty bits that it was leaking. It was obvious when I took it off. My gut tells me if it is that rusty there is little point in trying to repair it even if it is easy as it is probably well past its best. If I just buy a suitable size wheel off the internet how difficult will it be to fit the tyre, and presumably it will need balancing which I won’t be able to do at home.

colp

If it’s an 8 inch wheel and you are anywhere near Wirral I’ve got some spare old ones you can have.
    Otherwise, the swap is easy, when you buy a new wheel, make sure it’s the right PCD etc .

cudubh

Sadly central belt Scotland so transport time and cost would definitley outweigh savings, but thanks for the offer. I know I need to get the PCD right.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Trailer wheel’ is closed to new replies.