Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • Trail/AM hardtails – spoilt for choice!
  • tomvanhalen
    Free Member

The limited edition yellow and black. I’m a sucker for a bumblebee, and they happened to have a gently-used XL for 299euronotes

tomvanhalen
    Free Member

kayak23

Beauty that one. Pics when it’s built. 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    smogmonster

The two I’m interested in right now….the Genesis Tarn 20, and that new Pace…..127+? That Production Privee looks rather nice too.

ratherbeintobago

NS Eccentric: have I misunderstood the website, or is the frame only 27.5″ and the full bike a 29er, or have I hopelessly misunderstood their website?

Bigmantrials

ratherbeintobago – Member
    NS Eccentric: have I misunderstood the website, or is the frame only 27.5″ and the full bike a 29er, or have I hopelessly misunderstood their website?

I think it’s that they haven’t updated the website very well, I emailed them questioning a few things last week after seeing the Fresh Goods Friday with the new bike, the 29 will definitely be available frame only.

tomvanhalen
    Free Member

Aaaaaand I took delivery of the frame yesterday. I think it’s all going to turn out just swell.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Should have bought a brush and a powerwasher 😛

kayak23

That looks fantastic, except for the white forks which need to be black imho 🙂
    Careful you don’t trip over that hose.

prawny

Think you’ll ding the rim running those pressures.

ticsmon

Tyre pressure looks fine to me as long as they’re TUBELESS!!
    Garden isn’t that bad for middle of winter, don’t listen to them 🙂

3narf
    Free Member

Hello

I’m going to buy a new hardtail next month. I’ve had the same Orange Clockwork since 1992…

I really like the Bird Zero but I’d prefer steel (I’m a bit of a snob for steel bikes); has anyone ridden a Ragley Piglet?

The 2016 one doesn’t get good reviews but for the money it’s great. On paper.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Thread has just started about a new range of Cove hard tails on the way. I was planning to buy the new Stanton Sherpa but might just wait to see what Cove announce

3narf
    Free Member

I like these but they’re not particularly cheap for a online outdoor goods supplier’s own brand.

Frame is nice though…

tomvanhalen
    Free Member

Cheeky sods. Proper working garden that is.

I thought I’d hate the white forks but tbh they’re growing on me

Northwind

andykirk – Member

For the long fork heroes……. how on earth do you not go over the bars? If my front end dropped 150mm on a steep gradient I would be straight over the bars in a flash.

We avoid going over the bars same way everyone else does. If your fork drops 150mm because you’re going down a steep gradient it’s incredibly badly setup- like, forgot to inflate it, or fit the spring, that badly setup.

tomvanhalen
    Free Member

Dredge! New saddle and painted fork lowers, so pretty much done. Happ

riklegge

Lush!

nickc

Nice looking bike, still happy with it?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

nice !

tomvanhalen
    Free Member

Very happy! Though yet to get used to the weight and the massive tyres, I’m not yet faster on it than my old rigid Saracen down local trails… sure that will come. I do find the fork flexes a bit front to back, no idea if that’s normal. The dropper is a revelation.

Off to BPW in a couple of weeks, so that’s the real test.

Eventually I’ll get something like a Formula 35 for it, and 650b wheels, but for now it’s grand

Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Trail/AM hardtails – spoilt for choice!’ is closed to new replies.