Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Trail/Adventure Racing Shoes
  • Nick

Looks like I might be doing the Microsoft Challenge, been advised so far on the selection day that I should ditch the clipless pedals and just have one pair of shoes for running and cycling in…

So, any recommendations for shoes?

I know they are all different so I suppose I could go to a shop but where would the fun be in that?

Any other advice?

Ewan
    Free Member

Nike Air Pegasus Trails have quite a stiff sole so wouldn’t be too bad for pedaling with. I think the sole is a bit thick which makes them a bit unstable on properly hard core offroad, but the MS challenge is largely fire road, so they’d be fine. Good amount of cushioning as well, which I like…. Funny sizing tho.

TomHill
    Free Member

Try out some of the Innov-8 range (not the full on Mudclaw fell running ones). They do some decent looking trail shoes too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sc-xc
    boblo
    Free Member

I’ve done it a couple of times. People mostly wear normal road training shoes.

I’d use something like the Inov8 Flyroc’s or the non Gore-Tex Salomon XA’s. The Gore-Tex ones take ages to dry and there’s usualy a bit of water involved at some point.

Which team are you with?

aracer
    Free Member

I’ve used Inov-8 Roclite 315s quite successfully for very similar purposes. Good all round shoes which do also work decently for riding in.

NZCol

I’ve used Inov-8 Flyrocs (a lot) and XA Pros. As said before avoid shoes with a waterproof liner – they mash your foot after a while as water can;t excape and neither can sweat despite what they claim. Your feet then poach, go soft and you’ll blister. Normal ones, if they get wet, will drain and if you have decent socks (not cotton) and have used maybe some barrier cream on your feet first you should be alright.

Nick

Cheers guys, Flyrocs look good. Boblo – HP, you?

silverside
    Free Member

what boblo said…

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

helly hansen trail cutters – comfy with no socks straight out of the box and very stable.

boblo
    Free Member

Nick – Member
    Cheers guys, Flyrocs look good. Boblo – HP, you?

Errm…HP 🙂 Small world. Tell me your last name and I’ll look you up on peoplefinder (not in work time though, oh no)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Trail/Adventure Racing Shoes’ is closed to new replies.