• This topic has 89 replies, 72 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DK.
Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Trail trolls
  • xcentric
    Free Member

any update?

asterix
    Free Member

whereabouts is this happening (e.g. which forest)?

dabrokenbones
    Free Member

Alas.Adel Woodz is no more it has been flattened this sad day.

However,after talking to the council blokes it seems the Dig2Ride lads have been telling porkies over land ownership and have also been less than polite to the Parks&Country officers. In short the build group were offered help as long as they filled holes in and minimised damage. Not a strong pont of this dig group. Alot of abuse has been thrown the councils way,it is their land and now,fed up with Dig2rides attitude have gone all JCB on Adels ass.Not only that but they’re fencing it off.So, lesson to learn..don’t listen to muppets with spades as they only bring these places down.Shame. Lee James and crew will you ever learn – you let the prats win.

dabrokenbones
    Free Member

Even worse…the D2R lot may be in serious trouble.
    From what i understand their activities at Adel have been deemed criminal damage.
    Not only have they misled riders like me but they’ve also given people like the corrupted Dog walker a big smile..he walks away job done.
    Folk,always ask permission before digging on any land and be patient for an answer. Don’t listen to fools with spades just because they can shape a jump and have a group. For crying out loud they could have got our kids into serious trouble !
    Adel will now be monitored and futher digging will apparently result in immediate action and will be flattened. I notice its no coincidence that the Adel Woodz face book pg has deleted all damaging slander towards the council ( maybe they’ve realised the trouble they’re in )

Man,no wonder Leeds gets nothing when wazzacks like this are representing the supposed masses. I’m just glad nobody got into trouble.
    Stay Legal Stay Safe .

carlosg
    Free Member

If they’re fencing off the area the jumps were in they will still have to leave access as there’s a public right of way from Adel Lane through to Crownest Lane(use it on my local xc ride). The jump builders will probably be back , it didn’t take long for them to be rebuilt last time they were flattened(which was also because some gobby kids mouthed off at council officials).

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

if there is legal action it will be somewhat good as you can point it out to any bolshy trail builders that they are actually affecting everyone else…

dannyh
    Free Member

Hey folks. Sorry to hear about your local riding spot being shut down. It just brings home how arcane and random our laws and accepted practices are.

The only real strategy I think works around me is semi-covert riding. One fence appeared giving off part of the local woods. Turns out this part was private property, but the landowner neglected to maintain any sort of fence, so it got ridden. Then everyone got excluded as a result. It is just so annoying that people own land they take no interest in and then all of a sudden wake up one day and decide to do something. Said land is now just completely neglected again.

dabrokenbones
    Free Member

IMPORTANT – Went down to Adel Woods today and two lads had started building again.The D2R lot have passed it on to them – NOT THEIRS TO PASS ?
    So,feeling sorry for them i advised that they work with the council and be patient. They actually seemed to agree that the last lot of builders were out of order.
    Along comes a guy on a white orange 160 alpine.Just glared at us , so i tried to strike up a conversation.Bad move ! Very hostile- i was advising working with council not against.He started to get very weird and threating so i walked off.
    Bumped into a local dog walker who also rides and he’d been verbally threatened by this chap as had a few other walkers -all happens down here you know .
    However,after futher investigation it seems this nob is on a one man quest to intimidate and i quote ‘ FK the Council loving MF bitches that got this place knocked down 4 times ‘
    A couple of concerned parents who’d witnessed the odd carry on followed this chap back,all the way to Yeadon where they lost him.
    He fits the description of a rider that has been accused of throwing stones at dog walkers and riding aggressively at them . So, if any one knows who this tosser is , who may live in Yeadon – could they either let Weetwood police station know or ID – drop it on here. One more thing, he seemed high,small pupils and twitchy.
    Blue eyes,blond stubble,Monster decal full face helmet. About 175 -78 cm and 75-80 kg . Was down at Adel woods today at around 1 -1.30 pm

And they wonder why it keeps getting knocked down. Lord help us all !!

BobaFatt
    Free Member

there’s no accounting for prats, on all sides……this is why the aliens don’t want to make friends with us

DK
    Free Member

Interesting.
    Cheers, I went up there saturday (running not on bike) and was gutted to find a muddy mess.

Dont know much about the situation but Ive since done some digging around (excuse the pun!) Ive voiced disappointment with the council and Im wondering where we go from here…

I never dug the jumps (sorry) but occasianally had a go riding and its a real shame they are gone.

Will keep an eye out for alpine guy

thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Trail trolls’ is closed to new replies.