Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • trail sense plus the countryside.code
  • Pook

Following the trail courtesy thread, there was a large group out on Ladybower on Sunday that we caught up on one of the descents. Anyway two of them decided to fix a puncture on the middle of the line down Hagg farm descent. When one of our guys mentioned (politely) that they might want to move off the line, they were just grunted at, and the bike stayed put. We weren’t caning it, we all safely got round them, one of us even offered assistance (which was refused).

But why block the entire trail?

We hung back, but then caught up with them again later – having had to close a number if gates behind them.

Was it ‘i don’t give a shit’ biker day or something?

nickjb
    Free Member

Blocking the trail is pretty common. I think most people just stop and do whatever needs doing without really thinking. I still do it occasionally but do apologise if anybody comes along and I suddenly realise I’m being a tool.

Not sure about the gate thing. You are supposed to leave them as you found them, maybe they were already open. If they knew you were there then maybe they were leaving them open for you.

Or some people are just idiots, riding a bike or not 🙂

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Its a lack of awareness isnt it. Its a bit like tourists standing right by the entrance to the platform on the Tube or similar. Its also the fact that some just dont give a toss.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Pook

the gate has a sign that says ‘this gate should always be shut’

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘trail sense plus the countryside.code’ is closed to new replies.