Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Trail sanitisation..
  • mrlebowski
    Free Member

Why? Rode Whites for the first time in a while today & found that one section had now been turned into a basic ramp whereas before it was a little techie with a slab & route to get over – not a massive challenge for sure but why sanitise it??? I really am lost for words when this happens..

Yes I know sometimes some sections of st need rebuilding but this little piece really didn’t need it. I noticed last year a section at cwmcarn had been sanitised too. Why take these challenging sections out? There are those of us who CAN ride these pieces – leave them alone! I would never ask someone to make a section easier just so I could ride it, if I can’t do it I walk it & make a note in my head to try harder next time.

If someone could explain to me the thinking behind this work I would love to hear it..

(rant over, thanks for listening)

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I hate it when this happens. I went to my favourite bit of techy, fast natural singletrack the other day to find a bulldozer has been through it and it’s now pretty much a vehicle track. I got on to the council about it and they say the track is for getting materials in for rebuilding the path which seems crazy to me. The damage it’s caused to the woodland is massive. They would have been better off getting a professional upland path team in to do the job by hand and maintain the natural character of the path whilst dealing with the drainage problems it had. Now it just looks like the Somme.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Trail sanitisation..’ is closed to new replies.