Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Trail sabotage – Win Hill Dk Peak area
  • bowglie

Just a quick heads up for anyone heading ‘off-piste’ on Win Hill trails in the area of The Beast – I was up there earlier today noodling around and found a few obstacles that had been laid on or across one of the trails. Looked suspiciously like someone had deliberately pulled large fallen branches and arranged them at riders chest height across one of the footpaths (that I was walking on). Also thick branches laid about knee height and various blocking stone boulders. Looks like some hate filled individual has decided to try and stop MTBers using the path as a descent.

bensales
    Free Member

‘off-piste’? Live with it.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Report it to the relevant authorities so that it can be made safe to ri……..oh,I see an possible issue there.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

if you’re referring to the footpath that i suspect you are, then a few months ago a couple of elderly gents gave us grief for pushing our bikes up it (grim weather, injury plus mechanical meant it was the quickest way back to base that day)- “you can’t ride bikes on here” was said.
    “yes, that’s why we aren’t but thanks for the advice anyway” in reply. followed by something along the lines of “makes a change”. oh well, there’s no pleasing some folk.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Trail sabotage – Win Hill Dk Peak area’ is closed to new replies.