Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Trail sabotage on a whole new level
  • steve_b77
    Free Member

One of my mates posted this photo of what he found this afternoon on one of the ‘dh’ tracks on Old Pale hill in Delamere.

It truly frightening considering the number of riders round here and the night rides that take place too.

It’s been reported to the FC and removed.

Lummox

Wow! That is seriously messed up

zippykona

You can almost understand a one off person doing this but it’s happening all over the country.
    Just how many **** idiots are there out there?

scotroutes

#brexit ??

rascal
    Free Member

😯

midlifecrashes

Looks exactly like old pales, what else were they expecting?

Rorschach
    Free Member

52% of the population at last count.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yup, saw that earlier..
    Could make for an interesting night ride tomorrow..

madweedavey
    Free Member

I think the Tories are correct in their desire to close the borders. The place is clearly full of lunatics. Infact can we hermetically seal England and just be done with it.

smatkins1
    Free Member

The stakes are high with this jump

mrlebowski
    Free Member

That could kill..

No 2 ways about it..

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Braveheart extras?

thetallman
    Free Member

They’ve got some big vampires around there 😯

colournoise

Seen this floating around Facebook.

Is it genuine?

If so, truly worrying. Getting to the point where it’s going to take a proper injury to get action taken?

jekkyl

the trail beyond the spikes doesn’t look like it’s been ridden at all. It might just be the way this photos been taken or the light or something or this picture could be a complete fake.

andyb39
    Free Member

The pile of extra stakes at the side ready for more traps is a bit worrying too. Shows another level of premeditation.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yeah it’s real, I pulled the photo from my mates FB timeline. He found it and reported it to the relevant authorities

thegeneralist
    Free Member

[/quote]Getting to the point where it’s going to take a proper injury to get action taken?

Um, I think you’ve missed the point slightly. It’s only a trap for cyclists, cyclists don’t matter.

There was a death at Delamere ( I think) about 10-12 years ago where a cyclist was killed by a wire or something stretched across the path.

The verdict was accidental death 🙄

martinhutch

Someone clearly thinks the zombie apocalypse has started.

km79
    Free Member

Looks like someone heard about the new rambo movie and is getting some practice in for auditions.

colp

It’s genuine, rider who posted it rides there most days and isn’t the sort of person to make it up.

superstu
    Free Member

Wow. Just horrible if it is genuine

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’m not really sure how many times it has to be said, but this is real. It’s backed up by footprints in the area also

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Holy cr@p

But they’re being optimistic if they think I can get that much air

nairnster
    Free Member

I thought to myself as well that doesn’t look like a trail. Certainly doesn’t look like it gets ridden.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

One way to keep people on the ‘authorised’ trail!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I do hope those of you that venture to off-road trails do a slow reccy run when you arrive each time before giving it your best, after moronic stunts like this. 👿

kerley
    Free Member

I think the Tories are correct in their desire to close the borders. The place is clearly full of lunatics. Infact can we hermetically seal England and just be done with it.

One problem with your plan – England has the largest number of lunatics (or just selfish, horrible people) and they have been here for 100’s of years. Closing the borders won’t help…

belugabob
    Free Member

Not saying whether it’s real or not, but the logic in the above posts ‘proving’ that it is, reflects poorly on the posters.

No matter how trustworthy your mate is, or how often he rides that trail, if he downloaded the picture from the internet, then he has no idea whether it is genuine or not.

It’s like listening to my wife…

DickBarton

What about your wife? Do you think we think she is real?

teasel
    Free Member

The stakes are high with this jump

🙂

But seriously, folk aren’t thinking about the reality of their actions, are they.

buckster
    Free Member

Tyre marks? Anywhere?

ferrals
    Free Member

belugabob – Member
    Not saying whether it’s real or not, but the logic in the above posts ‘proving’ that it is, reflects poorly on the posters.

No matter how trustworthy your mate is, or how often he rides that trail, if he downloaded the picture from the internet, then he has no idea whether it is genuine or not.

It’s like listening to my wife…

teve_b77 – Member
    Yeah it’s real, I pulled the photo from my mates FB timeline. He found it and reported it to the relevant authorities

People’s ability to read doesn’t reflect well on posters either 😉 😆

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Crazy. Hope it’s kids just being stupid and reckless and not someone with real intent

wwaswas

without wishing to cast doubt…

Looking beyond the stakes has anyone ever actually ridden down there? It looks untouched by tyre.

nickjb
    Free Member

[quote] People’s ability to read doesn’t reflect well on posters either[/quote]To be fair that sentence is ambiguous. He found it could refer to the picture or the sabotage and grammatically it leans towards him finding the photograph.

The lack of tyre marks is a bit weird. It looks like no one has ever ridden off that lip or ridden off between the trees

steve_b77
    Free Member

I must apologise for slightly dubious grammar.

I shall rephrase; he was riding the area, came across this shocking piece of sabotage, took his phone from his pocket, captured the image in digital format. Once in an area of suitable data coverage or even WiFi he uploaded the photo to Facebook and made the comments, while reporting it to the relevant people. I then shared the photograph on here and other social media formats.

cardo

That’s horrific … some sick people out there, go careful boys and girls.

convert

Looking beyond the stakes has anyone ever actually ridden down there? It looks untouched by tyre.

Agreed – if that was ever a trail, it looks like it’s been months/years since it was ridden. Does not excuse the stakes mind.

belugabob
    Free Member

@steve-b77

I stand corrected – makes more sense now.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Trail sabotage on a whole new level’ is closed to new replies.