Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trail running..
  • meehaja
    Free Member

Apparently I am a “trail runner”, given that I enjoy going for a bit of a jog/run through my local woods and up and down steep banks and through streams etc. I was looking for some new trainers with a bit more grip for the current muddy/snowy conditions and there is a whole sub section of “trail running” shoes. Which is great, and I am sure they are wonderful products that will make me run faster, jump higher and look more like angelina jolie or something. But they’re a bit pricey, and givn the gloop I run in, will no doubt be wrecked pretty fast. I currently run in some £20 Addidas from sports direct, so I’m not looking to spend loads.

Anyway, would football boots make sense, or is that some kind of madness I can’t fathom?

irelanst
    Free Member

Anyway, would football boots make sense, or is that some kind of madness I can’t fathom?

No, they would be rubbish and you will sprain/break your ankle. If you run around grassy fields they would be OK, but if there are any hardpack sections or rocks then you will be like Bambi on ice – the studs are just too hard to grip on hard surfaces.

Kuco

Trail running shoes are designed not to fall to bits if they touch mud or get wet.

Bregante

These were discussed on a recent thread and seem to get good reviews. ” Dirt Cheap “

http://www.moremile.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=40431&strPageHistory=related
    🙂
    IGMC

ash258369
    Free Member

Same shoes cheaper from here (£25 with a free pair of socks). Not used them but will probably give them a try.

Aristotle
    Free Member

As with any shoes, find some that fit and take it from there. Full-on fell shoes can be a bit very sketchy on stretches of wet tarmac.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Trail running..’ is closed to new replies.