Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Trail pump for tubeless
  • egb81
    Free Member

My Lezyne pump, great as it is, keeps unscrewing the valve core, which is deeply unhelpful in the middle of the woods (and anywhere else for that matter). What’s hot in the trail pump world that won’t cause this problem; i.e. one that doesn’t screw onto the valve?

mactheknife

I use a Topeak Morph Turbo Mini, its a great bit of kit. It has a hose to attach to the valve and a mini pump floor stand thingy that gets rid of that daft mid-air pumping 🙂 Its fairly long but i wanted that so i could get as much air in there in a short period of time.

Pump

But there are other variations that are shorter. Oh and the one i have has a gauge 🙂

goodgrief
    Free Member

I use a little loctite on the valve core.
    My topeak mountain morph has been brilliant though, think it’s it same as the morph turbo mini but without the gauge.

neilwheel
    Free Member

Just don’t screw it on so hard, you only need to make a seal.

dlb1
    Free Member

I had this with my leyzene too, very annoying whilst in the midday sun getting attcked my midges. I nipped the valve cores up with a set of pliers and hasn’t happens since. Allso with tubeless and found no problem inflateing

Clobber
    Free Member

I had this, also had problems keeping the pump in line with the wheel bending the cores with push on ones, having more success with this…

phaart rumbler

egb81
    Free Member

Cheers guys. That Topeak looks good. I need to get a pump for my girlfriend anyhow so this solves two problems.

mudsoul
    Free Member

Topeak Mountain Morph. Best trail pump I’ve used.

TooTall
    Free Member

Right! He’s had half an hour and nobody commented on this. Standards are getting dropped around here.

I need to get a pump for my girlfriend

enfht
    Free Member

Blackburn Mammoth

egb81
    Free Member

Right! He’s had half an hour and nobody commented on this. Standards are getting dropped around here.

I need to get a pump for my girlfriend

She’s always moaning she’s feeling deflated about our sec life

Northwind

Truflo’s telescopic pump is ace- it’s a screw-on but I’ve never had it unscrew the valve. Better allround than Lezyne and cheaper.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Trail pump for tubeless’ is closed to new replies.