Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Trail manners
  • jimw
    Free Member

Why do some people like riding so close to strangers sometimes?
    I was with a group of ten or so mates on the Malverns at about 8.30pm on Thursday. We had stopped by the roundel at the top of the Dingle waiting for a couple to catch up when three people came down the track from the beacon at a rate of knots. We had left plenty of room (the track is very wide at this point)yet all three passed within 6-8″ of me at 20+MPH. They were probably aiming to impress with their prowess- I wasn’t impressed at all. They took a risk that one of us wouldn’t move at the wrong moment in the dusk or even stick an elbow out

james
    Free Member

Were you in any way in the way? Even when other ‘lines’ were available giving more room, could you have been in the way of another line they had been looking forward to riding?

I’m not saying that makes it all okay, but sometimes people stop in places which could spoil the ride for others muchly. Sometimes in the way of riding something that would never crossed their minds to ride maybe something someone has been really looking forward to?

I don’t know the specifics of course, just a thought?

Jamie
    Free Member

Most people are ****s. Learn to deal with it.

jimw
    Free Member

As I said, the trail is flat, wide ( 20′ + at that point), we were all well to the right as they would have seen it and the way they went behind us was onto what is effectively a 10′ wide firetrack/made up path so another foot to one side would have been safer. We are careful not to get in the way if we can avoid it- either to other bikers or the numerous walkers who were also out on the same path that evening. I just thought it unnecessary and actually a bit rude. We saw them coming from a long way off and presumably they saw us so they could have asked us to move if they thought we were in the way?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Trying wobbling as they get close to you next time might teach them a lesson they clearly need to learn??

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Trail manners’ is closed to new replies.