Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Trail hounds….
  • jam-bo

[video]http://vimeo.com/67477041[/video]

trailhound
    Free Member

Nice vid – thinking of getting a hound myself to take on rides but not sure what to go for….?

oink1
    Free Member

That is so cool having the dog go ‘walkies’ with you 8)

jam-bo

[video]http://vimeo.com/67476747[/video]

HD version

Euro
    Free Member

Nice vid – thinking of getting a hound myself to take on rides but not sure what to go for….?

Something small in case it runs under the front wheel 😀

Is there a way to train them to stay behind? I took our black lab out once and i’d love to take her out more but it wasn’t enjoyable. She’d rather lead the way and zig-zag across the trail at whatever speed she fancied. Caused me a few moments and at least one fall.

jam-bo

Is there a way to train them to stay behind?

a lab? probably not.

he’s a border collie and will heel to anything. bike, pram, quad bike….

creamegg
    Free Member

Is there a way to train them to stay behind?

Ride faster?

Euro
    Free Member

Ride faster?

If anyone can ride faster than my dog can run down my local trails then i’ll give them my bikes.

simonhuscroft
    Free Member

I had a black lab. He was a bit of a liability at first but soon got the idea. On the ups he learnt he could go exploring to his hearts content in front then on the downs taught him to stay behind. He loved it too.

Just be careful not to over work them whilst they are young. Can cause health problems later down the line.

But get one. You won’t regret it.

Drac

My Lab when I had her soon learnt not to run in and to run alongside or behind they’re fast enough learners. It did help being ran over by me and dragged under the chainset for a few yards, not recommended.

2hottie
    Free Member

Great video.

Spike looks ace.

I got Brian to follow me by tapping him with the wheel at walking speed. They get the idea pretty quickly!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

nice, you can also replace the video file in Vimeo to avoid having 2 uploads. (stalking/following most people who post biking vids in here 🙂 )

jam-bo

nice, you can also replace the video file in Vimeo to avoid having 2 uploads. (stalking/following most people who post biking vids in here )

i know. i **** up, uploaded it via two routes last night and I only get one HD upload a week.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Trail hounds….’ is closed to new replies.