Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Trail guides for Portes du Soleil
  • TheDoctor
    Free Member

So apart from Bike fax, any recomendations for trail maps or guide books for the portes du soleil region? I will be in Mozine for 2 weeks and want to do more than just the DH runs!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Pretty much pointless. Pleney downhill run is the best trail in the area!

freeform5spot
    Free Member

avoid the Pleney (apart from a few goes maybe), overused motorway.

we got a guide last year – check Rideability.com for details. Good chap, listens to what you want to get out of the day, adapts to good style and knows some good stuff.

We are planning on going more off-piste this year, want more woodland based singletrack that is untouched by the masses.

Plan is to get up as high as possible and just work it out as we go along but with long traverses!

Good luck and have fun!

GEDA
    Free Member

I have the vptopo book. The English is really really bad but at least it shows you a lot of routes. I am guiding (Not official just me and mates) this year but using the power of GPS so figures crossed.

freeform5spot
    Free Member

George – my life (and back now I am on the BFe) is in your hands!

ride on sunday for last minute shake down?

GEDA
    Free Member

No time on Sunday. We will be coming back from the dales camping. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday are the only nights I can do. I will be cool!

freeform5spot
    Free Member

what your guiding?
    are you in sheff today?

GEDA
    Free Member

Not in Sheffield now. At my sisters.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Can you imagine riding the Pleney run repeatedly for 2 weeks when Chamonix is under an hour away……

I used the Bikefax guide and found it opened up some stuff I hadnt found myself the first year I went there, but still felt I was missing plenty. The Swiss national DH trail was fun though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trail guides for Portes du Soleil’ is closed to new replies.