Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Trail fairies @ Glentress on saturday
  • geoffj

The boy and his pal want to go.
    Any friendly faces off here going?

ChrisL

I’ll be there. Northwind often attends, as does mc. I’ll leave it to you to judge whether we count as friendly or not. 🙂

Joshvegas has been promising to come along to a session for at least 2 years now, but as far as I know he’s never actually done so…

joshvegas
    Free Member

😯

That long?! Well thats embarrassing.

Considering i bloody live there!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ChrisL

I think we were still working on B Side when you started saying you’d come along. We’ve finished that trail, done various maintenance tasks, rebuilt that trail, did more maintenance tasks and built a new trail since then! Imagine how much more we could do if you came along! 😆

joshvegas
    Free Member

I dunno…

You’ve not seen my work…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

More importantly before you turn up, what’s your baking like?

Northwind

I go without fail, except when I can’t be bothered to get up in time, which is almost all the time.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Hats off to all of you lads & lasses who give up your time for the benefit of others ..you rarely get the praise you deserve.
    Having done a stint with Kielder Trail Reavers when trails there were just starting and infrequently over the years since ( knackered knees halted my frequent participation)..I know just what a valuable resource each and every body makes ..what a difference it would make if each and every rider gave up just one Saturday to help out ..
    Thanks ..and keep up the good work .. 😀

joshvegas
    Free Member

Ffs

I’m going to have to come on saturday now.

What do i need to bring?

samunkim
    Free Member

And if anyone is in Hertfordshire on Sunday, there’s a bloody huge table-top thats not going to finish its-self

geoffj

More importantly before you turn up, what’s your baking like?

*adds time to call in at Waitrose on the way 😉

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Don’t bring millionaires shortbread, that’s MCs domain.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

And Jaffa cakes have an important historical place in the Fairy history.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Id love to come, but you lot have enough trails over there as it is, so I’ll divert my energies to our local stuff.. 😀

fergal
    Free Member

Were you guys responsible for building Mild peril, what a hoot, sheer trail building mastery right there, my teenage son loved it, well we both did, top work.

ChrisL

Mild Peril is officially a Trailfairies/Tweedlove/FES collaboration but seeing as everyone who goes to a Trailfairy session is by definition a trailfairy, then yes I think we can take all the credit for it. 🙂

Mild Peril does seem to have been well received. It’s a pity it’s so out of the way though! About the only negative comments I’ve seen about it are that it’s grading is inaccurate. It’s certainly steeper than any other red graded trail at Glentress but it’s not as challenging to ride as the other recent enduro trails so the rangers thought it didn’t qualify as a black trail.

ChrisL

joshvegas – Member
    Ffs

I’m going to have to come on saturday now.

What do i need to bring?

Yourself and some sturdy clothing and footwear you don’t mind getting dirty. A willingness to talk nonsense.

You don’t need to bring home baking, we need eaters as well as feeders! However bringing snacks to share is an excellent way to quickly make friends with your fellow trailfairies.

geoffj

well I hope the boys were useful. The enjoyed taking part (and the cake). I should probably pick up a shovel myself next time. 🙂

poah
    Free Member

it was muddy today

ChrisL

Geoff, I think that everyone put in a decent effort on Saturday! It was good to meet you, them and Josh. It’ll be great if you decide to come along to a session further down the line.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Worth it for the cakes!

Not always available but will certainly make the effort to come along!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Trail fairies @ Glentress on saturday’ is closed to new replies.