Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Trail centres with showers and bike wash near Coed-Y-Brenin?
  • Paceman
    Free Member

Off to Coed-Y-Brenin for a long weekend and looking at options for the spare day. Trails with a bike wash and showers/changing facilities would be a bonus but not essential.

What’re our options?

I quite fancy Nant-Yr-Arian or Penmachno / Marin Trail; do either of these have showers etc?

or maybe Machynlleth or Llandegla?

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Why trail centres? Be a shame to miss out on the great natural riding around there for the shake of a hot shower.

An OS map, a big tub of MTFU and a dip in the river will see you right. 😉

Paceman
    Free Member

Yeah, you might well be right SprocketJockey.

Snowdon or Cadair Idris is also a maybe if the weather’s clear 😀

iolo
    Free Member

Just make sure you respect the voluntary agreement on snowdon if you venture up it.

wrecker
    Free Member

I think nant y arian has a trail centre unsure on showers, this
    http://www.forestry.gov.uk/pdf/BS_casestudy_BwlchNantYrArian.pdf/$file/BS_casestudy_BwlchNantYrArian.pdf suggests there are.

Nothing at marin or pen. Nothing at Mach either. Just car parks.

Paceman
    Free Member

I think Nant-Yr-Arian might be favourite but looking at Google there are conflicting reports on whether or not there are showers / changing facilities at the visitors centre there?

Iolo, we’ll be observing the restrictions on Snowdon if riding there; I have a strong belief in maintaining the status-quo with other land users 😀

mtbguiding
    Free Member

Ride Pont Scethin or similar then pop in Coed y Brenin for bike wash/shower – too much good riding around here to spend all your time in trail centres.

rhid

There are showers at NYA but whether or not the are open is another thing. I know this as I once used a shower there but that was a while ago!
    Ring the visitors centre? Its a great trail centre and well worth a visit! Plus you can do Climachx on the way to NYA from Coed y Brenin too!

takisawa2

The MachX might be open.
    Now obviously, its not a trail centre as such, but on the way from CyB you’ll pass Torrent Walk Campsite (behind the Little Chef, at Dollgellau), which has showers, bike wash, secure storage etc. Lovely breakfasts too. And B&B.

Or, as said, plunge into a river & fend off the Welsh beauties who no doubt fall at your feet at your Mr Darcy ‘esq display.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Basing route choice on availability of a bike wash and showers [shakes head]

Paceman
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder – Member

Basing route choice on availability of a bike wash and showers [shakes head]

I would normally agree but we have a six hour journey home after the ride 😐

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I would normally agree but we have a six hour journey home after the ride

Whats your point caller? 😉

greenstix7
    Free Member

We did Nant Y Arian the other week, it was great, highly recommended if you like back country wide open space stuff.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Trail centres with showers and bike wash near Coed-Y-Brenin?’ is closed to new replies.