Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Trail Centres, Glasgow
  • tommyhine

Hi All,

Are there any trail centre’s within about 30 minutes of Glasgow.

I’m driving up there on Wednesday for work but should get there with about 3 hours of light left, enough for a quick blast around somewhere any way).

Any help appreciated.

cheers
    Tom

richmtb

Of those two I would pick Cathkin Braes, a lot closer to the city and although its a shorter loop it pack a lot more in

pebblebeach
    Free Member

I would go via Mabie or Dalbeattie on the way up if possible. Cathkin is good but not a huge amount to it. Carron would be a pain in the arse to get to in rush hour.

Oh and if the weather is alright you could still be riding till about 10:30 without lights.

legend
    Free Member

pebblebeach – Member

I would go via Mabie or Dalbeattie on the way up if possible

or Drumlanrig

pebblebeach
    Free Member

yeh I’d add that to the list. Any of the 3 are easy from the m74.

richmtb

Ae is even easier to get to from the M74. But it seems about as popular as a ginger headed stepchild round this parish.

Not sure why I quite like the place myself

tommyhine

Nice, I had quick look at the 7 stanes website and figured I might as well leave a bit earlier and do the red route at Glentress and then I’ll get to play around in the free ride park afterwards which should be a bit of fun. Weathers looking great as well so should get a good long stint there as well.
    I’ve got to go to Leeds for Friday as well so I’m going to have a run around Whinlatter on the way down from Glasgow on Thursday night as well. Good bless work related trips near trail centres 🙂

tomd
    Free Member

Depend what you want really. If you just want 1-2hrs good blast on your bike with minimum faff I’d say Cathkin. If you can bothered with a minor detour on the way up Drumlanrig is a great place to ride, lovely woodland singletrack.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trail Centres, Glasgow’ is closed to new replies.