Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Trail centre tyres
  • radoggair
    Free Member

trail centres DO get muddy, they also vary in degrees of hardness.

Also, depends on how well you know 'that' trail centre is how difficult it is. Glentress for instance to most people is known as a 'scaletrix' track, but if you know it well enough you can actually ride alot of
    trails not known to the masses therefore requiring more specific tyres.

for instance, if i was to stick to the red trail i'd porb stick to fast rolling, low grip tyres like racing ralphs, nobby nics or panaracer fire or cinders, prob sticking a slightly grippier tyre on the front with both tyres prob a 2.1, or 2.25 max.
    Now if i was to do the black or alot of the 'hidden' trails it'd keep a fast rolling rear tyre on like a saguaro geax or nevegal on with a grippier tyre up front, poss a high roller (its what i like) and prob in 2.25 – 2.35 size, tyres with bigger volume and better puncture protection.

Hope this helps better.

Oh, stay clear of conti vert pro's if you value your life

vrapan
    Free Member

Those CGs look heavy though?

Daffy

sticky – Member
    Kingtut Pitty.

Ridden with to many riders on verts that have had to pay silly money for spare tubes. 4 spares they had all used up….. i made a nice bit of cash though.

You SOLD spare tubes to people on the side of the trail with a puncture?

Nice 🙄

clubber
    Free Member

Bad workman/tools kingtut 😉

dano
    Free Member

I have gone back to cinders, they are serving me well so far this winter…

clubber
    Free Member

Cinders are great for grip but very draggy.

Verts are great tyres but only if you're the kind of rider who doesn't panic at the first honk of drift. Verts drift lots but predictably. Suits some, not others (most it seems from this thread)

dano
    Free Member

sell tubes to guys broken down… get bad karma for that you know! if they must be sold, it should only be for cost!

willej

Suits some, not others (most it seems from this thread)

I like the way Verts drift too. I hate the way they don't even try to grip wet roots and rocks.

Free Member

No…No I must clear this up,

They were mates i was actually riding with and dont worry they had their own back.

I have on a the mo Conti Gravity's 2.3 (biggest i can get on the back) and actually do feel comfortable with them. Its just the rear's wall looks like it has had better days and not sure what i realy fancy changing to.

Ideal tyre would be say for the dyfi enduro, i think that has good varied conditions

BigJohn

Tioga Psycho IIs

I rode my lad's bike with those on last month and they were OK.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Trail centre tyres’ is closed to new replies.