Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Trail Centre tyres
  • honourablegeorge

Any recommendations? Have some oldish 2.4 Nobby Nics in the shed, was going to pair one of them up with a 2.2 Ralph rear, wondering whether I should just bite the bullet and get two decent, fast-rolling tyres.

Any suggestions? Will probably be just for trail centre use, so hast rolling, hardpack stuff, mainly. Something light that won’t puncture.

thomthumb
    Free Member

2.4 racing ralphs are awesome tyres.

a nobby nic up front will give a bit more grip.

sounds like a good combo.

honourablegeorge

2.4 Ralph is cheap in the on-one sale too. Hmm.

Just not sure if I’m losing the benefit of a fast rolling tyre by having it so wide?

rocketman
    Free Member

2.4 Nic/2.25 Ralph not too shabby at all probably the only combination of Schwalbes that actually works.

If it’s pure buff trail centre a couple of CrossMarks will be very, very fast

Edit: 2.4 Ralphs most excellent. Great with a 2.4 Nic on the front.

honourablegeorge

£25 for a 2.4 Ralph Evo on CRC. Might chance that then.

rocketman
    Free Member

The Snakeskin versions are a bit heavier but pretty much indestructable

MadPierre

High roller on the front. crossmark on the back. Not just for trail centres…

martinhurton
    Free Member

I would have recommended teh Continental Explorer front and Escape rear but it doesn’t look like they are available anymore? My favourite tyres for single track.

Crag
    Free Member

Agree with Mad Pierre – High roller front (or minion) and Cross Mark rear – ride them everywhere till the winter sludge arrives and swap the cross mark for an Advantage.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trail Centre tyres’ is closed to new replies.