Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Trail centre – two days
  • bikergbr
    Free Member

Please could I have some advice.
    On the way home from our summer holiday we did at day at BPW. Only the blues and a couple of reds but my boys and I loved it.
    We’ve got two or three days at half term and want to get something booked…
    Don’t anything too extreme, happy to ‘move on’
    Where would you go? Starting out in Norfolk!

colournoise

North Wales is obvious suggestion. There’s enough just at CyB to keep you going for two days, but if you liked BPW the blues and red at Antur might be fun too.

Day at Antur, Penmachno the next morning then Llandegla on the way home might be a decent itinerary?

bikergbr
    Free Member

Thanks
    We are at that difficult stage enjoying the increasingly difficult downs whilst finding the ups still a real challenge (more mental than physical)

prawny

Forest of Dean is nice for a coupe of days camping, I’ve not ridden there but I’ve heard great things, would nicely break up a trip to North Wales from Norfolk too

timmys

Be aware that blue/red grading at Antur is a lot trickier that than blue/red at BPW. Given that at Antur there is one blue, one blue with red features and one red, that might really leave you only one trail to ride depending on your kid’s skills.

opusone
    Free Member

In keeping with the north Wales theme, there are the Marin trails and penmachno trails near betws-y-coed, which would be about 45 mins drive from coed-y-brenin. Both are graded red and are in my experience much closer in gnar to the reds at other trail centres than the ones at antur stiniog. No uplift though, unlike antur. If you had to choose one, I’d go with penmachno, although that’s controversial.

IF you do decide to come to North Wales then our Log Cabins are 2 miles from Coed y Brenin, 20 minutes from Antur Stiniog and 30 minutes from the Marin Trail, Penmachno Trails and the Mach trails. So there is plenty of choice nearby, read more here: http://www.logcabinswales.co.uk/things-to-do#mountain-biking
    Three nights in our 2 bedroom cabins start from £342 over the October Half Term week. You can see the cabins on our website or call us 01766 540219 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Trail centre – two days’ is closed to new replies.