Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 185 total)
  • Trail Centre Vehicle Trends Part 2
  • newrobdob
    Free Member

Following on from my previously successful/unsuccessful thread regarding trail centre bike vehicles (http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/trail-centre-vehicle-trends-this-week) I thought I’d give an update on the current styles you can expect.

Admittedly I only went in one part of the Nant Yr Arian car park as it was a bit chilly and I didn’t have a North Face puffa jacket on. But there was rich pickings in my section anyway.

Grey Vw T something. Points for on trend colour, private plate and “gives me something to moan about over a Frappuccino” dent in the rear. Could be more pimped though. As could the other two, who to be honest weren’t really trying that hard were they?

4 to 8 our of 10

Nothing screams “ooh free bikes” than a crew cab pick up with bikes slung in the back. Points for it not being a L200 and looking pretty nice but some mods should be on the cards eg private plate, tints and some phat wheels.
    7/10

Lowest on the rankings is this. Not grey or black so pretty uncool, no seats in the back as far as I could see and no tints or ironic stickers. Even the wheels aren’t really trying hard enough.
    2/10

And finally, now I’ve made your blood boil and set you on rant level bazillion, here’s a 😉 but you’ll probably miss it like last time.

Stay rad dudes.

ebennett

Next trend – pictures of the wierdos at trail centres taking pictures of cars

😉

JackHammer

They all look like non-descript vehicles to me. They all probably wondered what that weird bloke was doing taking photos of peoples cars.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

well I really enjoyed reading that Robdob, cheers. Patagonia jacket Shirley though?

newrobdob
    Free Member

Patagonia jacket Shirley though?

I really wasn’t sure what the “on trend” brand was amongst IT consultants, my apologies. “goes off to change amazon wish list”

Northwind

If it’s not a shitwheel mondeo with more dirt on the inside than out, it’s too posh

slowbloke
    Free Member

As a middle aged IT person with a bling bike or 2 this has made me realise I need to up my game a bit in the van stakes to generate true frothing at the mouth :mrgreen:

mcnultycop

My bike-car doesn’t look like a bike car so it doesn’t attract the interest of anyone.

mark90
    Free Member

My T5 bike bus doesn’t have any ironic stickers, it’s not pimped, it hasn’t even got alloy wheels like all those vans above. I’m not sure I should even be parking it in trail centre car parks unless I up my game considerably 😐

Trimix
    Free Member

It is amazing how vehicles in trail centre carpark have evolved over the years. Vans / lifestyle vehicles were outnumbering the normal cars at CyB last time I was there.

daern
    Free Member

My T5 bike bus doesn’t have any ironic stickers, it’s not pimped, it hasn’t even got alloy wheels like all those vans above. I’m not sure I should even be parking it in trail centre car parks unless I up my game considerably

I have no problem with stealth. There’s nothing like a T5 with a private plate, big alloys and a “My other bike is also a Santa Cruz” sticker on the back to tell the tea-leaves “Avast maties, for treasure doth lie within…”

nickfrog
    Free Member

I love it when a chip of someone’s shoulder makes them receive “messages” that the owners of vehicles may or may not have sent. Most people I know don’t give a shit about what other people’s motivations for choosing a car are, nor care what other people’s misguided/assumptive conclusions based on observing their car are.

OP has serious insecurity / underachievement / reverse snobbery issues.

Posting pics in car parks and posting them : weirdo central, IMO.

ads678

I like the fact that the second pic shows that actually there are many more types of cars other than the ones the OP is jealous of in the car park.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m sure all the owners are really happy for their number plates to have been advertised as being on an expensive* bike carrying vehicle.

*probably.

Mister-P
    Free Member

You should check out Saunton car park. It’s awash with VW T5s and Mazda Bongos, all with surf related stickers on them. I feel very out of place in my Golf.

baddddad
    Free Member

Look forward to the OP’s “overbiked trail centre users” report. Hopefully he’ll blur out my face in the “160mm fork when rigid will do” section 😆

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Cars zzz, Topgear zzz

Supposed they do get your bikes from A to B if it’s too far or tarmacy to pedal.

mandog

Glad I got a T6. It goes in for limo tint in November, then I’ll be ready for the trail centres.

You’d love mine OP – similar to the 2nd picture, but with a hardtop. I can’t fit any bikes in it and use a towball rack

angeldust
    Free Member

It does appear that way, even when trying to hide behind a lame faux troll/humour post :-).

Mister-P
    Free Member

Hopefully he’ll blur out my face in the “160mm fork when rigid will do” section

Surely your lurid coloured enduro pyjamas riding kit will give your identity away?

vincienup
    Free Member

Some pretty poor parking in that first picture. If it was a busy day, I hope they did the decent thing and paid for two spaces each… 😉

newrobdob
    Free Member

WHOOOOOOOSSHH!!

newrobdob
    Free Member

there are many more types of cars other than the ones the OP is jealous of in the car park.

Don’t worry sunshine, my Winnebago was parked elsewhere. 😆

newrobdob
    Free Member

I’m sure all the owners are really happy for their number plates to have been advertised as being on an expensive* bike carrying vehicle

Oooh sorry, yes you’re right. Cos NO ONE else saw them in public that and they were all transported there in a sealed trailer. 🙄

Now ANYONE can find out the cars TAX STATUS and MOT history. Call the cops!! 🙄 😆

walleater

The whole truck thing is weird. It’s as if people come over to BC, see people throwing their bikes on the backs of trucks and think it’s cool. I can’t really see it working too well in Britain though! I’m not sure I’d leave my bike in the back of a truck in Squamish let alone Birmingham….. And zero points for not being a Tacoma 😉

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Some pretty poor parking in that first picture. If it was a busy day, I hope they did the decent thing and paid for two spaces each…

But then someone might open their car door into the van?

(To be fair, this is why I park at the other end of the carpark when at a supermarket. The neighbour’s son has already dented the car enough – I don’t want any more)

ElShalimo

OP – That Audi A2 isn’t really an aspirational vehicle

martinhutch

WHOOOOOOOSSHH!!

And now he’s feeling a bit deflated about his thread. 🙂

coomber
    Free Member

nickfrog – Member

Most people I know don’t give a shit about what other people’s motivations for choosing a car are, nor care what other people’s misguided/assumptive conclusions based on observing their car are.

+1

I couldn’t put it better myself.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I think I’m not understanding this..

There are 3 very undestated and quite old vans, one reasonably newish VW people carrier and one nice new ford truck. Plus lots and lots of other ‘normal’ vehicles in the background.

Am I missing something here..? Looks no different than my local supermarket carpark tbh..

milky1980
    Free Member

I get far more attention in a trail centre car park whenever I get my Mobi out to wash the bike that anyone who has a T4/5/6 or a pickup! I think I spent more time taking to people about it than it took to wash the bike at Cwmcarn on Sunday.

shifter
    Free Member

Why would they pay for two spaces when they’re only using one?

Looks no different than my local supermarket carpark tbh

Or any other car park – me at my mates pub earlier. His is the VW. Not a bike in sight

[url=https://flic.kr/p/ZjTAPo]2017-10-23_05-16-21[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

nickyblake
    Free Member

Yay were famous! The grey T5 is mine

angeldust
    Free Member

WHOOOOOOOSSHH!!

You flatter yourself 🙄 😀

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

My trail centre car park is somewhat unsuitable, a 15 year old MX5.
    I wear my helmet when driving too and from mountain biking as it has no roll over protection and safety first.

vinnyeh

WHOOOOOOOSSHH!!

I think you protest too much… 😉

newrobdob – Member

Money? Car above cost less than a half decent pair of suspension forks.

It is NOT slow.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

A Volkswagen T5 in a trail centre car park, you can almost guarantee they’ll have 160mm travel full suspension bikes aswell.

There’s been a rise of it recently; the “all the gear, no idea” types; the “follow the herd” mentality. The yuppies have returned, and this time they’re dressed in patagonia rather than barbour jackets.

I guess a weekend away in the van riding your mountain bike is a good way to craft an image that your peers will admire. But it’s the very safe option; the trail centre, and no doubt a campsite aswell. And that’s what these people all have in common, the colour beige (or is it grey?).

russyh
    Free Member

God forbid anyone owning a T5/6, a BMW/Audi riding a bike!!…terrible they must be all the gear no idea kind of arsehole…I do love some of these judgemental threads. I’m not sure it matters what people ride or drive? As long as they are not harming others and enjoying themselves…I certainly can’t understand the logic of starting a thread to poke fun at them. Way I look at it if you can afford a transporter to lump your bike around in then you have the last laugh!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 185 total)

The topic ‘Trail Centre Vehicle Trends Part 2’ is closed to new replies.