Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Trail centre litter
  • jameso

Fair point. I think those that throw stuff on the ground don’t care either way, they just do it, but there may be a fair few occasionals.

hooli

I saw this at Swinley the other afternoon, couldn’t believe how many gel wrappers there were. Firstly because it takes no effort at all to take something to small with you and secondly who needs a gel to get around Swinley? Unless of course you have done it 3 times.

kjcc25
    Free Member

I’ve thought about this a lot and I’m certain that if a place looks tidy and clean the majority of people are more likely to keep it tidy. There will always be some who just don’t think, don’t care, and will continue to drop litter. The only way to stop them is shame them when they are seen dropping their rubbish or the authorities fine them, if caught. Personally I’d like to sell their bike and the proceeds go to charity!

jameso

I’ve thought about this a lot and I’m certain that if a place looks tidy and clean the majority of people are more likely to keep it tidy.

Do you think that a lot of people only take litter away with them because the place is clean, not simply because littering is a filthy, disrespectful habit wherever you are? Being the first to litter or adding to it, it’s all the same imo. Not picking at your post, more wondering at the mentality of those guilty.

kjcc25
    Free Member

I agree with you most people do take their litter home but their are some I’m sure that are influenced by how clean a place is to begin with.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Njee20, my comment was made to provoke thoughts about who is actually dropping this sort of litter , who are the primary users of gels etc, multi lap racer types? Fat knackered weekend warriors? Diabetics? Workers fitting in a quick lap or two who haven’t eaten tea or food before turning up and riding? Or Joe Average?
    Like I put it’s sheer laziness either wasy and a disregard and disrespect for not just the countryside but any public space and those same people will happily litter drop anywhere no doubts.

deadkenny
    Free Member

hooli – Member
    and secondly who needs a gel to get around Swinley? Unless of course you have done it 3 times.

Probably the same kind of people who throw rubbish out of their cars on the M25.

… given that Swinley is like the M25 😛

njee20
    Free Member

Njee20, my comment was made to provoke thoughts about who is actually dropping this sort of litter , who are the primary users of gels etc, multi lap racer types? Fat knackered weekend warriors? Diabetics? Workers fitting in a quick lap or two who haven’t eaten tea or food before turning up and riding? Or Joe Average?

You put it squarely on racer types though, and I’m just saying that as a racer type, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a fellow-racer type even have a gel on a ride. They’re generally the preserve of the fat weekend warrior enduro hero IME!

As for goggle tear offs… srsly!?

mindmap3
    Free Member

Like I put it’s sheer laziness either wasy and a disregard and disrespect for not just the countryside but any public space and those same people will happily litter drop anywhere no doubts.

I don’t know if I’m honest – I see the litter but I don’t see who drops it. The junk food / luozade bottles I imagine are from kids / none serious riders (there were loads of scroatey looking yoofs out yesterday). The gels and stuff are from people who should know better.

Either way, you’re a **** (insert suitable word) for doing it. It shouldn’t be left to others to pick up.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Eventually people see the level of the problem in some areas.

I think some people just don’t see litter, or if they do they don’t view it as an issue. If people are willing to drop litter I don’t think they will change their attitude until they have to actually wade through knee high crap. And unfortunately decent folk will have cleared it up long before then.

muddy9mtb

seems where ever humans go… rubbish will follow no matter how intelligent they may appear… (everything in the picture was left.. except the astronaut and maybe the lander?) )
    http://www.redorbit.com/news/space/1816213/moon_junk_listed_as_historical_resource/

yorkshire89
    Free Member

I did see a goggle tear off last time I was on the downhill runs at….. Sherwood pines 😐

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Trail centre litter’ is closed to new replies.