Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • trail centers or dh kent?
  • magiclinemtb
    Free Member

Hi all going to kent this week, is there much in the way of trails or dh? Any one care to make a recomenation?

yossarian
    Free Member

Bedgebury & porc. Both over in west Kent.

mikey74
    Free Member

PORC, just outside of T Wells? Depends on where in Kent: Tis a big place.

rewski
    Free Member

PORC is in Penshurst, it’s quite small, not taht much in the way of XC trails, you could have fun session-ing the DH and 4X track though. Like mikey74 says Kent is a big county, there’s some great riding on the North Downs around Canterbury I believe.

woodsie
    Free Member

yes on the canterbury singletrack….. some really good trails, just find blean woods car park just outside canterbury itself….

magiclinemtb
    Free Member

Ah yes, just looked at kent on the map – i’m in margate so it looks like blean the bike will like that..

rewski
    Free Member

Just out of interest, this place should opening soon – cyclopark

magiclinemtb
    Free Member

Are the trails marked for blean or is there a guide or something online?

yossarian
    Free Member

There’s a few groups that ride the blean area; Kent trails, boghogs (I think), the uni club and plenty of riders with the local bike shops. You are probably best heading out with them first off as the majority of good stuff is off the beaten track, so to speak. 😉

There’s a nice loop from Chilham that takes in the kings wood and Wye too. Think it’s on line somewhere, Kent trails maybe?

woodsie
    Free Member

yes the good folk on kent trails have docs on rides….you cant go far wrong with blean woods main car park….go from there, also folk in the area will know how to get you back if you get too far off trails 😀

woodsie
    Free Member

also kent trails and some other riders leave the uni car park near playing fields around 6pm tues and thurs for @2 hours singletrack… so this maybe helpful too

derekrides
    Free Member

Nearest actual ‘center’ would be Foulness, where ironically they’ve converted slag heaps (ironic because slag heaps are normally reserved for them oop North) from the former Betteshanger colliery, nice road track there as well.

Trail wise there are lots across the Downs (North Downs Way), there’s a neat ride along the cliff tops around Dover and like the others have mentioned, the north coast inbreds take their banjos to Blean..

Kent is Gods own County, be sure to be grateful riding here… 😉

stayhigh
    jimr80
    Free Member

Magic,
    i ride Blean woods regularly. My self and a few guys will be out tomorrow meeting at the University for 6pm for 2 hrs of single track riding trough the woods. Your more than welcome to tag on. i also ride with Kent trail Thursday evenings, their good guys who are more than happy for people to tag along.
    email in profile if you fancy meeting up.

magiclinemtb
    Free Member

Anyone out down south tomorrow?

Happy to travel to surrey, or sussex, staying in margate.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘trail centers or dh kent?’ is closed to new replies.