Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trail building
  • crush83
    Free Member

Hi guys

I am in the RAF and i have been told i need to do some community type work for my end of year report.

so i thorght i would do something to do with biking.

i would like to help with some trail building days but i live in lincoln . . . .

nearest places to me are Sherwood pines and cannock chase.

anyone know if any trail builing help is required in either of these places?

chris

scruff
    Free Member

Chris, Chase Trails are always looking for extra help on a Sunday Morning, 10am in front of Swinnerton Cycles, Birches Valley-

http://chasetrails.blogspot.co.uk/

Also, there is a DH build day this Sunday-

http://www.bikeadventuresuk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11879

Conan257
    Free Member

crush83, you at Waddo by any chance?

There’s a project to get a skatepark in Waddington village, I would like to think that could be extended to a pump track as the one nearby is sized for 20″ wheels… There’s a grant available through the RAF for sporting/recreational activities, might be possible to get enough money to get a professional in to build one!

Depends on your report date, but if you’ve 12 months then you might have enough time for a large project which would look MUCH better than digging some trails.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Or you could gather a group of like minded people and get a pump track built in your local park.

crush83
    Free Member

Hi Conan,

i am on 1ACC at RAF Scampton,

i would like to help with a RAF funded project. if you want to get in touch search NEEDHAM with the alt + k and i am under 1ACC SAC MOVS.

Scuff,

i am interested in helping out with chace trails, the only down side is that it is 2 -2.30 hours from me but i will have a look at that link!

drewfus
    Free Member

hi there, I also live in Lincoln. The nearest place to you for trail building would be Willingham Woods near Market Rasen. Have a look for Rasen Area Trailblazers on the net and Facebook. Dig days all the time there, a good community project supported by locals and the FC.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Trail building’ is closed to new replies.