Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Trail blocking.
  • sargey

Has anybody else seen logs or branches deliberately being placed across the trails lately?In my local area we have seen loads of branches,bushes and debris placed on the trail which led to one of our pals hitting a log across a legal bridleway off the top of clent.
    The crash left him with severe concussion and a broken wrist and 6 weeks off the bike.Same problem around kinver and prestwood and up on clent today trails were blocked by logs which could not have fallen there.

Any ideas?

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’ve seen it on a small scale around Saltburn, branches etc placed on the line bikes take. Luckily so far they’ve just made the ride more interesting, hopefully it won’t escalate and be dangerous.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Never seen it up Clent but it happens a lot in certain parts of Kinver and lawnswood / prestwood.
    I tend to ride up the trails where it’s common and clear anything dangerous or unrideable before coming back down. it’s a bit annoying but my main concern is that families cycle in these woods who won’t be expecting a piece of wire at head height or spiked sticks when they come around a corner. I did catch a bloke laying some sticks over kinver . We had a few choice words but it continues.
    The other option is to find a sacrificial friend and send him down the trail first!
    Andy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Trail blocking.’ is closed to new replies.