• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by poah.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Trail ambition
  • fergal
    Free Member

Not sure if it is just me, but as spring arrives and trail conditions improve, i set myself goals, be it drops, big descents in the mountains or just steep technical descents in the local forest.

I iike to see progression, the feeling of cleaning a tecnical trail at my limit is second to none, the downside to this is that fear of failure, which can mean i will avoid a trail until i feel as though everything is going just right, but in a lot of cases when actually riding the trail the reality is that sometimes ignorance is bliss, no over thinking, just commitment.

What type of rider are you, do you have a plan, or just take the bull by the horns and see where the mood takes you?

prawny

I think I’m similar to you, on my local trails (cannock) the only bits that are outside my comfort zone I have to really be in the mood for and the conditions have to be perfect, to the extent that I’ve only ridden the blacks on the Monkey once.

Whereas, on the off piste stuff I don’t know that well, or up in Scotland I’ll ride anything without thinking twice (except the Slab at Dalbeattie)

It’s a definite case of overthinking.

colp

I’m similar, if i don’t do a new feature that has scared me in a season it plays on my mind.

Hopefully hitting this in Summer, it’s one of the only things in Leogang/Saalbach I haven’t done yet. Been eyeing it up for 4 years!

molgrips
    Free Member

I want to ride the road drop at Cwmcarn. I know full well I can do it, I’ve done worse – it just looks scary.

fergal
    Free Member

My most recent serindipitous discovery, is probably a double black diamond with sustained steepness, chutes, rock gardens and natural rock drops, i am so psyched for this but it is not an all weather trail, and won’t be ridden untill i’m up to speed and conditions dictate, better riders would have no problems though.

jekkyl

With a 9 month old and a 6 year old my trail ambition for this year is to get out on my bike while it is still daylight.

Wookster

Flow for me, that’s all, I want to get my corners and drops all together more and more that will do!

poah
    Free Member

I just want to get out 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Trail ambition’ is closed to new replies.