Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • trail addiction/white room backcountry weeks
  • jhw
    Free Member

are these actually any good or merely a marketing gimmick to get people to keep coming when the lifts close?

cheers all

Rickos
    Free Member

I did a back country week with The White Room and it was brilliant. You get to see other parts of the region away from the lifts and is well worth it unless you want to take your DH bike. The high level traverse stuff is great with awe inspiring scenery. Fancy a ride back from the Italian border? Ace fun.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Trail addiction is the shizzle. Great food, people (except ash who's singing is crap and he loves him self 😉 ) awesome riding and scenery. Money well spent. Can't wait to go back and that's coming from a real tight fecker.

steveh

I've done the TA back country stuff too and the trails are amazing. Very rarely ridden stuff too as it's away from the lifts so it feels like you're the first people to ride them.

Can't recommend it highly enough.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

What Rickos said.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Done WR backcountry and Riviera and and I'd prefer that to the lift assisted stuff I've done in Morzine – think deserted "out there" scenery and singletrack rather than groomed DH trails crowded with SE accents and stormtrooper outfits.

LHS
    Free Member

TrailAddiction backcountry weeks are phenomenal. Second to none.

Best riding I have ever done.

Do it!!

hainey
    Free Member

Been with TrailAddiction many times, their backcountry riding is amazing, the guys have spent years researching and finding the best endless natural trails out there. You will have an amazing time.

titusrider
    Free Member

another MASSIVE thumbs up for TA backcountry bloody brilliant riding. pretty much unused trails, beautiful scenery top notch guys.
    Some word about the riding:

singletrack, lots of it some pineneedles through the woods stuff and some alpine meadows stuff
    Switchbacks, lots of them too! most are 'easy' you will get the knack on the first day. Some are 'riding gods only' but are great fun to attempt/ watch ash attempt! I wonder if they still ride Calvins trouser snake or if it got called bejon bourg in the end!
    rocks 🙂 some lovely 'bedrock' riding (la varda esp.) technical as hell in places, going down la varda i think i was breathing bretty hard and concentrating so so much.
    I havnt been with the white room and it may be very similar but i gush quite alot about TA, can you tell!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘trail addiction/white room backcountry weeks’ is closed to new replies.