Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Traffic Fines in Italy-advice how to deal with them (my fault though!)
  • zaskar
    Free Member

Hi I have 3 fines I think for entering areas when I should have paid or could not enter etc.

Eurocar has billed me on my credit card for 3×40=120 etc and nobody speaks English and my Italian is bad enough!

I've called Europcar but they will try to mail me the bills as they don't keep details.

I have one bill from Comune DI Roma and they put you on hold and hang up!

Bit miffed and I should have checked.

zaskar
    Free Member

It's ok I am going to have to appeal and get in touch with the hotels I stayed at.

Dam.

oddjob
    Free Member

What will happen if you ignore it all?
    IME nobody ever follows up on these things from France, Italy, Switzerland or Spain…

br
    Free Member

If you'd received notice of a penalty, then I would say ignore – but Eurocar have billed you – pretty much end of discussion.

zaskar
    Free Member

I read somewhere that the police ask car hire companies for details who was driving and then the car hire company charge you.

I also read that if they charhe taxes of 20% which they did in my case-then that is the fine all paid up.

I'm waiting for a reply as they look into it. Luckily the U.K. dept can also look into it if asked which helps as Italy is great but not the crazy way they run things.

Part of Europe means they can trace us via DVLA etc and get bayliffs on to you.

I just want it justified, appealed and then pay what is due.

If the traffic police send me mail-I could ignore/not sign for delivery as they have 360 days from the offence to find you and issue you a bill otherwise they bin it.

If it was Germany-it's 3 months!

We will see what is happening and report back for other peoples info.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Traffic Fines in Italy-advice how to deal with them (my fault though!)’ is closed to new replies.