Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Traffic around Reading in the morning
  • marcus
    Free Member

Ive got to get there for 08.30 / 09.00 tomorrow morning and was wondering how ‘bad’ the traffic heading south on the A404M from High Wycombe and westbound on the M4 and A329 gets in the morning. Thanks.

weeksy

It’s not the best… I’d go as far as to say, bloody rubbish.

where abouts exactly ?

marcus
    Free Member

Sindlesham Weeksy. – so out of the centre at least

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    br
    Free Member

Aim for an hour before, then you won’t be late and/or you’ll have time for a coffee when you get there.

weeksy

Not too terrible over that way, you’ll likely come off at Jn10 which can be a pain down around the Winnersh Triangle roundabout… then a few easier roads. Happily for you, you’ll miss Jn11 which may help a bit.

zbonty

You’re heading away from London and not central Reading so should be ok. Mountain Trax is near if you want to check out some bikes

marcus
    Free Member

Cheers Guys. I’ll risk it tomoz then, rather than driving down tonight. Not sure I’ll be hanging around to check out Mountain Trax zbonty !

br
    Free Member

Where are you actually coming from, as often the M40 is very business especially getting off at the A404M junction.

marcus
    Free Member

Belper, just north of Derby

ebygomm
    Free Member

I drive from Hucknall to Reading every Monday morning. This morning I left at 5:45 and arrived at 8:45 and that’s a good run. 15 mins later and you start to hit traffic on the M1/M42.I’d say you need a very early start to guarantee an 8:30 arrival. It’s normally stop start round junction 10 of M40,

marcus
    Free Member

Course dosnt start till 9.30, so a 5.30 start should be fine. I’lld be more than happy with 3hrs, espaecially on a Monday morning.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I go into Caversham, so come off at J6 of the M40 and avoid the majority of the Reading traffic, so I would expect a bit longer if you’re round the M4 corridor

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sindlesham

Which venue? The Moat House or the Stone Cutters? Masons

Makes no difference to route planning, but JiveBunny and Chewek might want to know.

p.s. bring a bike, Swinley is 40 minutes ride away.

marcus
    Free Member

At the Moathouse. Its only a single day, and I’ll be making a quick getaway once done.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Oi, nothing wrong with the masons in Sindlesham……….. we service their air con units 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Oi, nothing wrong with the masons in Sindlesham……….. we service their air con units

its alright, they’re cool.

Im here all week. That’s mine, the barber jacket on the left.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Traffic around Reading in the morning’ is closed to new replies.