Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • tradesman's knee pads ?
  • beermonst3r44
    Free Member

Now I know there are a hundred different types and I’m not interested in them lol what I want to know is anyone tried the Alpro ‘medical’ knee pads ? And where is the cheapest to get them ? I’ve seen some with white straps and was curious to as if they were copies . Cheapest I’ve found is about sixty quid .

alpin
    Free Member

not answering your question, but i use my old 661 Straits if i’m on my knees. obviously only really works with shorts, but then i’ll wear shorts for 9-10 months of the year (much to my German co-workers amazement).

pk13

Not seen those, but the new snickers ones that fit into holster trousers are amazing. They have the same stuff that’s in my poc knee pads.

No help but there you go.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    alpin
    Free Member

Engelbert Strauss clothing has built in knee pads.

mrbiker473
    Free Member

Same as pk13, the Snickers are the best knee pads ive had. These are them: Knee Pads

Ive tried the type you’ve mentioned and they feel rock hard and the straps get annoying, where as the one’s linked in trousers inserts are softy an comfy and no aches after a full days work spent knelt down.

ricky1
    Free Member

A Plumber friend of mine mentioned the other day he uses wrestling knee pads to,he showed me them and they looked comfy as hell,I was even debating to get a pair for biking.

chip
    Free Member

Yep, I use fairly cheap mixed martial arts knee pads from eBay when facing a hard day on my hands and knees.
    Much better than the far more bulkier less comfortable tradesmen specific jobbies.

gears_suck
    Free Member

Gardening knee pad or the like. I find the ones in purpose made pockets or with straps are sweaty and uncomfortable. I just toss the pad on the floor and move it around with me. Simples.

nickjb
    Free Member

What gears_suck said. I have a couple of large squares of foam for the job.

matt_outandabout

I have old Henri Lloyd sailing ones, bought for a couple of quid from a bargin bin, use them endlessly for canoeing and working around the house. Great things, all elastic and flexi sewn pad.

nealglover
    Free Member

Brilliant avoidance of answering the actual question 🙂

The Alpro pads wear out very fast (for the price) as they are very soft (mine lasted 2 months).

But if they are for light use rather than all day every day, they are the comfiest I’ve ever used.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘tradesman's knee pads ?’ is closed to new replies.