• This topic has 33 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by sv.
Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Tradegy of the major kind (well for an 8 month little boy at least)
  • sucklingmatt
    Free Member

Me and my little boy have a set routine in the morning, dad watches bbc news (sport bit) while he has his bottle then at 7.45 buzz and tell comes on and then it’s quality Timmy Time, before he has to put his coat on at 8am and we go to this grandma and grandads, while me and his mum go to work….

for weeks and months, this has been the acceptable arrangement, and my little boy loved it. (he also loves watching F1, and track cycling….he hasn’t seen mountain biking on tele, but i have let him sit on mine, much to his mum’s annoyance)…..

Anyway Cbeebies, have changed the schedule , and left my little boy mystified with what has happened.

j_me
    Free Member

That’s what BBC iPlayer is for.

pedalhead
    Free Member

personally I’m hoping to God they’ve finally seen the light & removed Buzz & Tell from the airways. The sound of a REALLY LOUD BUZZER CONSTANTLY ASSAULTING MY EARS at ~7am is unacceptable.

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

it is funny though, at least Mr Biscuits is

woody2000

Indeed. I had to endure 2 episodes of Octonauts during breakfast this morning, and what the hell’s this Rosie nonsense!

Clong
    Free Member

You let your 8 month watch TV!!!!

Are you mad, won’t someone pleeeez think of the children!!!!!!

Bummer ain’t it, i’m rather partial to a bit of Timmy Time myself, the daugther doesnt seem to care though, she’s more interested in sticking her shoes up her nose.

toys19
    Free Member

yeah iplayer or a recording digibox thingy solves my babies scheduling nightmares..

pedalhead
    Free Member

Octonauts is awesome!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

OK not going to be liked by all, and each to their own and all that, but why is an 8 month old reliant on watching TV??

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Sky+ Shaun the Sheep. Sorted.

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

i don’t let him watch tele all the time, and if i’m honest he is mainly playing while it is on and it is just me watching it.,,,

octonauts just doesn’t make sense to me at all,….it’s a crazy crazy program

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

he doesn’t sit and stare at it, it’s more on in the background,,,,,parents will understand what i mean

djglover
    Free Member

I thank the lord for the small grace that is the change in the Cbeebies schedule. No longer is the first waking half hour dominated by the multi coloured ****s that are the Tweenies. They’ve replaced it with postman pat. Which given the choice of the two is infinatley more enjoyable, drove to work in a much better mood this morning. It has’t changed much since I watched it as a 5 year old 30 years ago!

My two year old twins are less happy about this.

Oh, and before (un)FunkyDunc gets on his high horse, the only TV our kids watch is on a morning, and its mainly because I can’t be arsed to get straight up when they have!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“parents will understand what I mean”

Nope I don’t sorry we very rarely have the TV on when our 1 year old is about. In the morning or evening we prefer to interact with him, rather watching TV ourselves or leaving the TV to entertain him.

I know this could make us unsual or odd.

sv

2 x Octonauts was popular with my 5 year old. 0 x Timmy Time wasnt so popular with the 2 1/2 year old!

djglover
    Free Member

I think it makes you sanctimonius too

molgrips
    Free Member

we prefer to interact with him, rather watching TV ourselves or leaving the TV to entertain him

Lol!

Some kids enjoy a bit of TV, seems mean to deny it… 🙂

You know, you could just say ‘my kid doesn’t watch much TV’ instead of sticking in a holier-than-thou I’m a great parent and therefore you are crap dig in there. Unless you are actually spoiling for a rumble…

woody2000

I leave my kids in front of the telly because, quite frankly, I have f*ck all in common with a 2 yr old and even less with an 8 month old. And they are sh*t conversationalists. So, it’s on with the goggle box till they’re old enough to give something back, or at least make me a coffee and light my fag.

🙄

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The kids 8 months old though ! Its not good for any 8 month old to be already addicted to TV… ok I know you can argue that when is the right time, but 8 months…

and yes tired from a crap night up with Jnr FD. Perhaps I should have stuck him in front of the TV 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

The kids 8 months old though ! Its not good for any 8 month old to be already addicted to TV

Who’s addicted?

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

who said he was addicted it is on in the back ground for 10 minutes whilst i have a cup of tea and toast in the morning…..I guarantee you cannot spend your whole life at the mercy of your kid it is impossible….yes i am a horrible father for allowing my son to watch a little tv….It’s not like he is addicted to crack get some perspective…sorry

loddrik
    Free Member

Tbh they don’t really watch tv until after 12 months really. They aren’t likely to watch anything properly as they just don’t have the attention span or ability to concentrate on anything even approaching the length of a short kids programme.

Btw, Peppa Pig is children’s television par excellence. I doubt if anyone could create anything better if they tried.

My kids watch a fair amount of tv, but not at the detriment of more constructive activities, plus I watch it with them. I’m watching Dora with my 16 month old daughter as I type this.

I think as ‘cyclists’ we are all pretty outdoorsy on STW and as a result I can’t imagine any of us would be prepared to let our kids become couch potatoes.

TimP
    Free Member

We prefer the Hoobs on Ch4 early in the morning

“Hooble toodle dooo…”

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

hoobs is crazy, i don;t even understand that..mainly because i catch the end of it.

bigdawg
    Free Member

yeah that caused quite a bit of ruction in our house too… little boy loves octonauts and was impressed – little girl not happy, well until that Rosie thing came on..!

That 20 mins is the only telly they watch at all – Im making breakfast, other half is getting dressed, as soon as breakfast is ready its Dad’s tv (also known as the hunt for a weather forcast!)….. erm…..unless Jen is on Fiver and then we might watch a bit of roary!

CountZero

I used to spend ages watching Andy Pandy, Bill and Ben, The Woodentops, Muffin The Mule, and it never had an adverse effect on me. Well, possibly the last one… 😯
    Shawn The Sheep is on permanent Sky+ series link on my box. And I don’t have kids.
    I can understand the little one’s bewilderment at his favourite show going missing, things like that would have me in tears as a kid.

iain1775
    Free Member

Agree with lodderik peppa pig is where it’s at excellent innocent and educational kids tv for all ages
    Funkydunc your coming across as a complete prat 10 mins in the morning won’t do any harm in fact the colour movement and sound at that age will help their development so long of course it’s combined with more ‘traditional’ interaction the rest of the day

ddmonkey

Buzz & Tell was brilliant, my 5 year old lad and I randomly shout “Charles Cheese!” or “Mr Biscuits!” at each other and burst out laughing at least once a day.

Yes I know I have never grown up….

DickBarton

Octonauts, Chuggington, Everything Rose, Waybaloo, Grandpa in my Pocket, Charlie and Lola.

My tv life is only kid tv…but I’m hooked!

Recently also been allowed to watch Milkshake – Igum Ogum, Mr Men, Thomas, Roary.

I’m a sad parent who has no life…

MoreCashThanDash

We’ve had Cbeebies on pretty much constantly while our two were little – both are turning out to be intelligent, sociable and well adjusted kids so far.

Friends kids who grew up watching Sky cartoon channels on the other hand….not so great.

That said, they were watching the gymnastics on the telly at the weekend when MCTDJnr(age 7) suddenly came out with “Gosh, she IS bendy!” MrsMCTD wasn’t impressed!

warton
    Free Member

In the morning or evening we prefer to interact with him

hark at the greatest parent ever.

while I sort my bike and my 11 month sons stuff out before we go tot he childminder I sit him in front of charlie and lola. he loves it, and it gives me the time to get my STUFF together. I doubt he misses the ‘interaction’ for that 10 minutes every morning.

EDIT. why doesn’t the swear filter work anymore?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I agree – was most confwesed this morning – that Rosie is crap and Octonaughts is tedious. Charlie and Lola and especially Buzz and Tell are by far the bestest telly that I like the mostest.

‘Buzzer Karl, press the Buzzer’.

🙂

nonk
    Free Member

see now with ours, i wouldnt let the eldest watch much telly (first child keen dad an all that)
    i let the nipper watch just about anything at all whenever she wanted
    now which one do you think moans at me all the time for telly?

sorry dunc but i think you underestimate your kids.*

*i might of added this just to wind you up.

sv

Nuzzle and Scratch is the best – FACT! Funny watching a 5 year old laughing so much at it.

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Tradegy of the major kind (well for an 8 month little boy at least)’ is closed to new replies.