Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Tractors on main roads !!?
  • fin25
    Free Member

Tractors being driven irresponsibly is a bigger problem. Making them faster will result in deaths.

Pigface
    Free Member

16 yr old kid with 6 tons of wheat in a trailer corn carting, I am amazed we don’t have more nasty accidents. With contractors time is MONEY, so they fly around like maniacs.

Dickyboy

many years ago i was provided with a tractor & mower attachment to cut the local playing fields, but it had no counter weights so driving between locations always had the front wheels pawing at the air under acceleration, quite glad it couldn’t get much of a speed up really

Cougar

A lot of the time there isn’t a good place to pull over, as said these things are fairly big and especially if you are towing something. The countryside isn’t full of big laybys to pop into, gateways are not big enough some times and the verge isn’t always suitable.

Oh, sure. But that’s not really what I’m referring too; quite often their is space, too.

+ besides why are cyclist allowed to go so slow on roads….and why do they not stop to let people past???

When I ride on the roads I always allow traffic past whenever it’s safe. It’s not exactly difficult to move over when there’s space and move back out when there’s not.

Sobering photo, that, incidentally. Yikes.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Tractors on main roads !!?’ is closed to new replies.