Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tracklogs problem with GPX files
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I have the Tracklogs mapping software and sometime when I try and open a GPX file, the software appears to open it, but then nothing is shown drawn on the map in terms of routes or points. But it will open in Garmin mapsource as a series of points

I may be answering my own question here, but can a GPX file consist of just a route and hence the reason it won't open in tracklogs?

If so, is there anyway to convert the file so it opens in tracklogs?

cheers in advance

Papa Laz

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

I've had this problem. Seems to be as you say. If a "route" is created, say in Memory Map, then Tracklogs will open it, but show nothing, even if it has been designated as .gpx. If a "track" is created then tracklogs will open it as normal. There must be some incompatability between Tracklogs and "routes". That might be stating the obvious with a product named Tracklogs!!!

The only solution I've found is to convert the "route" to a "track" before saving as .gpx.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

which tracklogs do you have

i've just upgraded to 3.14 (beta) which is far far better and deals with other file types better. it also has proper compatibility with garmin courses and the tcx file format 🙂

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

the only other way round what you say is to export into google earth with memory map then save the track (not the points) as a .kml file and use gps babel to convert to a .trl!

richpips
    Free Member

I spoke to Andy at Tracklogs a while back, and it's a problem they are working on. MM and Tracklogs GPX files are not the same.

Digimap
    Free Member

You need TrackLogs v3.14.03 which doesn't care whether the GPX file contains tracks or routes. It's downloaded from here…
    http://www.tracklogs.co.uk/cgi-bin/publ/user.cgi?obj=home&page=softup&id=2400

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tracklogs problem with GPX files’ is closed to new replies.