Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tracklogs on OS X
  • mrmo
    Free Member

Just been playing around on the SOs laptop. Using an Ubuntu LiveCD and Wine i seem to be able to get Tracklogs to run, at least to some extent. Has anyone done this and found limitations?

Now the point, I am aware that there was/is a project kicking around called Darwine, the idea being to run windows applications on Mac OSX. I am using a PPC mac and guess the challenge is far greater and probably abandonned, but i am considering getting an Intel mac and wondered if it was possible to run Tracklogs using Wine or similar without going through sandbox, dual boot or other methods? and if so are there limitations?

chipps

I thought you meant that you were using the power of (red) wine to solve a problem! Usually works for me 🙂

I’ve seen Memory Map work absolutely fine on a dual-boot Macbook running Windows.

mrmo
    Free Member

I know i can get it to run on dual boot, just wondering if i can get it to run without needing a copy of windows, which i would have to pay for.

Although if i can get Tracklogs to run on Linux i could then dual boot Linux, but as Linux and Mac OS X are related i would have hoped to avoid the dual boot issue totally.

aP
    Free Member

I tried running tracklogs on my intel macBook through Crossover which is a WINE based commercial product. It was very, very slow.
    SO instead I bought VMWare and used an old XPPro disc. It works pretty well VMWare just sits in the background, you can swap between OS X and windows in one click and copy stuff between the two, it also means I can access my Office Windows Desktop from outside as well which can be handy.

DavidB
    Free Member

I run Tracklogs in Parallels on a Mac and it worketh a treat

Surfr
    Free Member

Parallels or VMWare Fusion probably

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tracklogs on OS X’ is closed to new replies.