Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tracker, has anybody used/tried real world???
  • Lawmanmx
    Free Member

looks like a Great idea IF it really works, anybody tried anything like this?
    https://www.thetrackr.com/sticker/lost-keys?gclid=CMmJucHDssMCFeHHtAod9UoAHQ

OH, watch the video 🙂

mrblobby
    Free Member

Went for the Tile ones here. They do work well in locating keys Mrs Blobby hides in random bags and coats and has saved me a lot of frustrating searches already.

Only annoying thing really is that it tells you if a tile has been “seen” but doesn’t tell you which device saw it. Bit annoying if I want to search for it from my phone but it’s paired with another device (limitation of Bluetooth.)

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Not obscene money – very tempted…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Lawmanmx
    Free Member

im after one to locate my New doggie if she ever ‘goes to ground’ Im worried to lose her down a fox/rabbit hole, Great lil doggie but Loves to hunt and unfortunately we can’t switch that urge off in her 🙁

mrblobby
    Free Member

Probably not great as a dog tracker. It doesn’t actually track where the thing is, but where a device running the app last saw it. So works well for stuff that’s static when you’re not moving it about (like keys, you’ll know if you’ve left them round a friends house as that’s where your phone last “saw” them) but not that great for dogs. You’ll only be able to find your dog when it’s in Bluetooth range of your phone (a few metres.)

iolo
    Free Member

I’m sure it works great under the seat of a bike in California.
    Not so sure about a bike used in all weathers here in the uk.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’m sure it works great under the seat of a bike in California.

Again, I don’t think it’s of much use really in finding something like a nicked bike as you need a lot of people running the app on their phones. Locating it is based on someone’s phone with the app running “seeing” the tracker, it’ll then let you know that the tracker has been seen at that location.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tracker, has anybody used/tried real world???’ is closed to new replies.