Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Track World Cup – what an amazing evening that was !
  • iainc

not long in from a totally brilliant event. Amazing venue, great atmosphere, cold beer, 2 golds and a silver for Team GB, what’s not to like 🙂

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Yeah was a great night

Sitting there in my shorts and tshirt whereas my mate had on lined jeans and a thick lumberjack style shirt just made it all the better…he had believed me when i said he better wrap up warm because it was like being in a fridge with the air conditioning 😀

iainc

hah ! yep, was a touch warm 😆

86 degrees or something did they say ?

…….nice cold beer though…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Sounds great! I’m off tomorrow evening with teenager. Did you chaps drive – what’s the story with parking. And food?

ijs445ra
    Free Member

I really enjoyed it to. First time at a velodrome suprised me how much steeper the banking is than it looks on tv.

There were folk parked just across the road outside Celtic park but that may be a no go if there is anything on there today. We parked at the forge cinema and walked the 10 min to venue. Would recommend taking some food limited selection at venue.

Will post some pics later

bigG
    Free Member

Good news on you having a great night. We’re there tonight, stuff taking food and parking no one has asked the important question.

Is there a bar?

iainc

bigG – there sure is 😀

fasthaggis

The parking was not obvious (to me anyway) so I parked in an industrial unit along on London Road.Great day,cracking track.looking forward to a taster session next month,although the corners look freakin steep. 🙂

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Thanks for the info guys.

ChrisE
    Free Member

Going in 2 weeks to The Revolution at Manchester. Cannot wait. A real bargain evening. This one will be Armistead against Vos. Babe versus Dyke. I will be screaming!

C

iainc

couldashouldawoulda – we parked close by – there is a plant hire place opposite the velodrome and the road at the side of that was fine and only a 2 min walk. Turn right angles away from the Velodrome at the lights where you would enter it – along there. Food wise, hot dogs, nachos etc and not long queues – pricey though. take loads of juice as it is pretty warm 🙂

bigG
    Free Member

Well,, that was a truly fabulous evening of sport.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

We really enjoyed that! Feel like we know the German national anthem a bit too well though 😉

trail_rat
    Free Member

Poor jason.

Crashed right infront of us.

Forks looked mullered .

What happened to the lass in devil takes the hindmost !

pistola
    Free Member

Trailrat – you must’ve been sitting very close to me!

marty
    Free Member

Missed tickets for this, but was at Thunder Drome and heading to Revolution in the New Year. Amazing venue.

Highly recommend having a go too. Just £10 for a taster session which saw us all riding up the bankings within the hour. Really looking forward to my next go in a few weeks.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Pistola. section o row c

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Track World Cup – what an amazing evening that was !’ is closed to new replies.