Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Track pump – Road tyres
  • teef
    Free Member

Just used my track pump to inflate some road tyres to 100psi – it was hard work. Over 90psi I had to lean on the pump with my full body weight – is this normal or is my pump no good?

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Not my experience with my cheap Decathlon track pump. Easy up to 120psi

cp

What’s your pump? My decathlon one gets to 120 easily without noticing tho much.

globalti
    Free Member

If you’re using an el-cheapo pump that was designed for mountain bikes and family bikes and has a fat barrel to deliver higher volume at lower pressure, yes, you will need muscles like a gorilla.

If you’re using a good quality skinny track pump with a thin barrel for small volumes at high pressure, you might want to consider going to a gym.

teef
    Free Member

Pump – It’s a Topeak Joe Blow Max II track pump bought primarily for mountain bike tyres but I just stuck some road tyres on my hybrid.

Any recommendations for same sort of price (£25) that’ll do a better job?

Northwind

I don’t really rate the joe blows tbh but that doesn’t really sound right- I had a Sport and it had no problems with 100psi.

My Air Towers do road tyres fine and are pretty cheap. They’re also pretty shoddy frankly but they’re effective.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Track pump – Road tyres’ is closed to new replies.