Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Track pump recommendation please
  • breninbeener

I have lost my Blackburn trackpump after many years of faithful service. It had a pressure gauge which agreed with my digital guages and a long hose with a twin head that you twist to lock on.

I have a ghetto inflator for tubeless, so dont need an air reservoir type.

Can anyone recommend a quality item to replace my old one?

tthew

I bought the cheaper of the two Park tools, it’s nice. Moves plenty of air and has a really big, clear gauge.

Couldn’t recommend the Topeak ones. I had an Mountain Air one, and though it had a nice large barrel the design of the head and hose connectors with the body caused some really bad restrictions to flow.

nickjb
    Free Member

Joe Blow Sport for me. Works really well. Nice and ergonomic. Good head design. Better than the twist ones IMO. That said if you liked the Blackburn why not get another? I wouldn’t buy another Blackburn pump after too many failures of mine but it sounds like you were happy with it.

breninbeener

My old Blackburn must have been 15yrs old. I wasny sure if the new ones were built the same. I have a Blackburn airstik that is quite poor….

nickjb
    Free Member

a Blackburn airstik that is quite poor….

That mirrors my experience. If I lost my Joe Blow I’d buy another one straight away.

Northwind

Joe Blow Mountain is ideal if you only do mountain/commuter tyres (it’s not so much that it’s maximum 70psi, it’s just that at that point, i’m not heavy enough to push the handle down).

Someone’ll be along in a moment to recommend a lezyne that costs 3 times as much and works less well but is very pretty.

JAG

I have a Joe Blow as well 😆

This one….

Kamakazie

Having looked at a few I’d thoroughly recommend the Birzman pumps.
    The connector is great. All their pumps seem to be well reviewed.

austy
    Free Member

Got me an SKS Aircon 6, has sorted me out with tubeless tyres seating them easily enough, plenty of puff and gets my commuter tyres upto 50psi.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I have lost my Blackburn trackpump after many years of faithful service. It had a pressure gauge which agreed with my digital guages and a long hose with a twin head that you twist to lock on.

Sounds remarkably like my situation! My Blackburn was over twenty years old, and utterly awesome. Until it finally died.

Now have a Giant Control Tower Pro. Impressed so far. Nice touch having a rugby ball needle in one handle and a pool toy adapter in the other, as well!

stevious

If you use valves with removable cores then avoid Lezyne or any other screw-on head type pump.

MoreCashThanDash

If you use valves with removable cores then avoid Lezyne or any other screw-on head type pump

If you are incapable of learning from your first mistake 😉

frankconway

Joe Blow for me also; Boardman track pump also good.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

+1 for Joe Blow.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Track pump recommendation please’ is closed to new replies.