Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Track pump. Cheap, cheerful and…
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

…able to cope with road tyres without falling apart.

Stoner
    Free Member

topeak joe blow sport II

[THREAD CLOSED]

cp

the one way valve bit of my joe blow died after a year.

Am now on the most expensive decathlon one, which was about £25. Works a treat.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wingnuts

My Blow Joe failed on the same thing as well! Got a Park one now. Doing well so far. But may be too exensive at £50ish. I find Decathlon good value and wouldn’t hesitate to try one.

fisha
    Free Member

TESCO one! has a guage … has coped with my road tyres no issues and been 100% reliable. most of the big stores have it. it used to be a tenner

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-5179.aspxu

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

TESCO one!

Funny you should say that as my mini pump that sits in my pack is a 6 year old Asda jobby brough for a fiver. What a tool.! It has been used as my main pump and never misses a beat. Out lasted my £20 topeak one by a country mile.

Off to Asda for a bargain me thinks.

chrisdb
    Free Member

Half price. Proper metal. Lifetime warranty.

http://www.alpinebikes.com/shop/blackburn/air-tower-2/

TheFopster
    Free Member

Got a Tesco one which is OK but got an even cheaper plastic jobbie without gauge which is the business. Can’t even remember where I got it, but had for years and only one I ever use. Lower effort, never fails. I’m sure expensive ones are great, but too mean to spend much on a pump.

MarkyG82

Also got a blackburn one. Its a pro ‘shop one that I ‘borrowed’ from the shop I worked at. Built is great but its crap at road tyres.

Frankers
    Free Member

My Topeak track pump knackered and started leaking after pumping some road tyres.

using a Specialized pump now which works with road tyres

timnwild

It ain’t cheap, but I got the Lezyne one with the wooden handle for my birthday last year and it’s llloooovely…[/url]

brassneck

There were bargain baskets of full metal Boardman ones in my local Halfords, maybe they have a deal on?

takisawa2

Asda, Bell branded one with a steel barrel. Has lasted 5yrs now. For £11.98 I cant complain.

Clobber
    Free Member

This…

Asda, Bell branded one with a steel barrel. Has lasted 5yrs now. For £11.98 I cant complain.

Gauge is accurate too!

rj
    Free Member

I got a Bell one from Asda for £13. Works fine.

bigyinn
    Free Member

timnwild – Member

It ain’t cheap, but I got the Lezyne one with the wooden handle for my birthday last year and it’s llloooovely
    Re-read the thread title….. 😉

nicko74

I don’t even need a trackpump (I think) and I’m tempted by that Alpkit deal…

nickjb
    Free Member

I noticed they had a very cheap one in Machine Mart the other day. No idea if its any good, I’ve got a Joe Blow which is ace. Personally I’d avoid Balckburn after a load of issues I had with a mini-pump

Northwind

Air Tower 2 can be had lots of places for £20, and is excellent- miles better than my Joe Blow, it doesn’t feel as nice but it works better (shifts almost exactly twice as much air per push as the Joe Blow, but still doesn’t struggly getting a skinny tube to 100psi)

Edric64
    Free Member

Silca

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Silca +1

Buy cheap buy twice. We’ve had a few others since that have all failed in some way, including Joe Blows, but the Silca is still going strong.

Neil-F
    Free Member

Tesco for a tenner is the dogs dangly bits. cheap, cheerful… and it works perfectly.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Believe it or not there is no big Tesco in our town so I have gone with the Asda one. If its half as good as the mini pump then I will be chuffed.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Track pump. Cheap, cheerful and…’ is closed to new replies.