Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)
  • Track Cycling – on now
  • xiphon
    Free Member
    neilforrow

watching it… Pendleton did a flyer’ 2nd lap was fast!

GB/ China final for sure.

smiff
    Free Member

shit looks like women are DQ.. shit shit shit

Bunnyhop

This is awful

sp
    Free Member

Im gutted for them 🙁

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Yep looks like VP pulled out and passed too early, commisaire is known for being strict.
    Official DQ announced.

jet26
    Free Member

I suppose they may be right but is this really in the spirit of the Olympics?

druidh
    Free Member

jet26 – Member – Quote
    I suppose they may be right but is this really in the spirit of the Olympics?

Isn’t the spirit of the Olympics to compete within the rules? Given the ladies badminton affair, could anything else be expected?

Onzadog
    Free Member

So she rode further than she needed to in front and It’s considered to give them an unfair advantage?

glupton1976
    Free Member

3.2.153 A team shall be relegated to the last place in the stage of the competition if one of the following infringements has been committed:

1) if a rider draws away by more than 15 metres before the end of the lap that he is to lead
    2) if a rider does not draw away by more than 15 metres after the end of the lap that he was supposed to lead
    3) if one rider pushes another.

Not exactly clearly written…. But I suppose the riders know what they mean or do they?

sp
    Free Member

I suggest we have a group wee in the Commissaire’s shoes :mrgreen:

xiphon
    Free Member

Might have to check the sales section, and see if there are any Bombers going…

crikey
    Free Member

Disappointing, but upholding fair and just competition is important too.

Especially for Team GB in GB.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

gutted for JV as its her only event, at least VP has another go. In recent VP thread someone suggested JV looked like a bloke, cant say I subscribe to that, and much of her appeal was how how bubbly and positive she is compared to the slightly fragile VP. Rio is a long time away.

and in happier times with VP (world cup earlier this year)

geoffj

Just heard vp being interviewed. She placed the blame 100% on jv, but felt bad for her! 🙄
    Bit unfair TBH

IanMunro
    Free Member

something seems a bit wrong with the team sprint with another dq.

montylikesbeer

China relegated

DezB
    Free Member

Bloody shambles.
    Hard to give a toss about who wins with such petty rules.

brakes
    Free Member

stupid rule + jobsworth commissionaire = fail

Onzadog
    Free Member

Really? The interview I saw she said it was no ones fault and they were both to blame. I was impressed that there were no tears.

sp
    Free Member

If they want to enforce this rule without the right to appeal then they MUST use high speed camera technology

brakes
    Free Member

tell you what, Cav looks like he needs a good kip (or a an energy gel)

deviant
    Free Member

Who is the bloke with glasses next to Cav?

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Having to DQ the two fastest teams does taint this competition slightly.

ianpinder
    Free Member

1st Olympic champions to be crowned when only third fastest!

matt_bl
    Free Member

Jamie Staff, man one from Beijing.

Matt

mooman
    Free Member

Bit of a mockery really.
    A bit like the olympic boxing – the best are not getting the medals.

Plastic gold medals ..

druidh
    Free Member

ianpinder – Member – Quote
    1st Olympic champions to be crowned when only third fastest!

No different from teams being DQd in the athletics/swimming relays for handover infringements.

Kuco

Bit of a **** farce 🙁

Made me laugh when Cav said he was jealous of Jamie’s thighs 😀

Northwind

Man, some very unsporting people on here.

montylikesbeer

Yes

portlyone

Smashed it. Different context when Cav says it and not Richard Keys…

DezB
    Free Member

ok i care now! That was fantastic.

philfive
    Free Member

VP didn’t blame JV she said no one was to blame.

Well done sir Chris hoy. The medals have been rolling in since yesterday.

FuzzyWuzzy

Meh so sad for the women. Not sure if there’s blame but the frickin commentators going on about how sad for VP and no mention of JV?! At least VP already has medals and 2 more shots, poor JV more like 🙁
    Feel sorry for the Chinese women to, unless the commisaires have better video/stills than was shown on TV there’s no way they should have made that call as it was too close to see.

crazy-legs

Feel sorry for the Chinese women to, unless the commisaires have better video/stills than was shown on TV there’s no way they should have made that call as it was too close to see.

They have much better video, transponders and several Commissaires all with different views.

The relegation was correct – JV/VP made an illegal change. Not petty – they and everyone else know the rules.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m as gutted for them as anyone especially as Vicky seemed really positive in the 3 seconds I saw her before the racing started but rules are rules.

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah VP/JV was definitely illegal but the Chinese one was much closer and it looked like the Chinese coach was arguing you couldn’t clearly tell (after reviewing on the commisaire’s screen). I would be surprised though if they don’t have the equivalent of photo-finish tech running for it as they knew it would be controversial after the World’s

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

It seems a pity that it requires a DQ rather than a rerun or a 1 second time penalty or something else a bit less harsh. Years of training thrown away in one pretty small mistake.

FuzzyWuzzy

Woah I can’t believe the GB mens man 1 guy just admitted to deliberately crashing in the qualifiers as he didn’t start as well as he wanted (I like the German accent to :p ). Let’s hope they don’t get DQ’d…

allthepies
    Free Member

Hindes admits to throwing his start live on TV 😯

WTF

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘Track Cycling – on now’ is closed to new replies.