Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • track bike purchase?
  • turbo1397
    Free Member

Hey folks.. just finished my accreditation at the velodrome and was looking into purchasing a bike for the track. I followed ianc post with interest and i was going to go down the same route and go for the dolan pre cursa as £525 seemed a great price. I noticed that planet x do there Planet X Franko Bianco at £699 ( ive seen a second hand one i can get for £500). just wondering peoples thoughts/views on the planet x over the dolan.. 😕

Edric64
    Free Member

The Dolan`s are fine .They are used at Newport cant comment on Planet x as ive not ridden one I think the Dolans in basic trim are £449 ?

eskay

Going through the same thing myself and keep coming back to the Dolans, they seem perfect for beginners. I guess the alu frame may stand up to crashes better than the carbon planet x.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Yeh u think the ally one would take a bit more punishment.. im getting a shot of the planet x on wed at the drome.. will be able to do a comparison. . Managed to knock the guy down to 475 which is a crackin deal. .

eskay

Post back with your thoughts of you don’t mind. 475 is a tempting price!

OmarLittle
    Free Member

No experience personally of the planet x but it is a popular one at track league – at 700 it is decent value so at 475 even more so

aracer
    Free Member

Yeh u think the ally one would take a bit more punishment..

That’s debatable – though should you really be expecting to crash on the track anyway?

eskay

That’s debatable – though should you really be expecting to crash on the track anyway?

Probably yes, but it is usually down to someone else.

eskay

im getting a shot of the planet x on wed at the drome.

How did the bike ride?

turbo1397
    Free Member

Bike felt a lot better than the dolan I had been using. Felt a lot more responsive and more planted in the corners. Picked up speed a lot quicker. Obviously the planet x had some components on it that were more suited to myself like stem etc. Not saying the dolans bad but the planet x in my opinion is better..

eskay

Thanks, good appraisal. I hope you enjoy the bike!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘track bike purchase?’ is closed to new replies.