Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Tracey Ullman
  • jon1973
    Free Member

…was she ever funny? I know she was quite successful in the States, but she’s back on the BBC and it’s dire. Not really see her on TV for years and can see why now.

pondo

Not seen the new show, mostly because I never thought she was all that.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Are female comics ever as funny as male comics?

samunkim
    Free Member

Birth place of the Simpsons innit ?

chewkw
    Free Member

I find her funny.

Also especially in the form of a German leader … 😆

mikey74
    Free Member

The best thing she did was introduce the Simpsons to the world. The rest is pretty naff.

jimdubleyou

I sat through the first episode. Wasn’t funny.

Tried last weeks and gave up after 2 mins. I think there was some kind of child dictator with a gold AK47. Wasn’t funny.

steveirwin
    Free Member

Thank Allah for that! I thought this was another thread about a famous personality dying.

DezB
    Free Member

Her records were bloody awful too.

I seem to remember “Three of a Kind” being ok. I doubt very much it would stand the test of time though.

fasthaggis

Watched one show.
    The Merkel getting wound up about Sturgeon copying her was the only bit I laughed at,the rest was mince.
    She her agent must have a great contact at the BEEB.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Weirdly, despite it not often being laugh out loud funny, I found her performances in general rather good. Her accents and mannerisms are very natural, she seems a very good actress.

The Judi Dench sketch was pretty funny. And I quite liked the American tourists finding everything British oh so charming.
    The coffee shop IT guy is pretty good too, excellent prosthetics! There’s been many a gender bending comedy sketch over the years but I think she does a great job as passing as that twerp.

There’s definitely talent there, more so than many other touted female sketch shows.

slowoldman

Yes Three of a Kind was OK, but since she emigrated to the States she hasn’t been funny. Well not to my taste anyway.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Weirdly, despite it not often being laugh out loud funny, I found her performances in general rather good. Her accents and mannerisms are very natural, she seems a very good actress.

This.

Compared to some of the other “comedy” that the BBC is punting out recently, Tracey Ullmans show is like Shakespeare. Citizen Khan anyone?

martinhutch

Good effort. You’re wasted on this place. 😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

Of course, the Bunty was waaay funnier than the Victor.

avdave2

Three of a kind, it’s just a shame the kind they were was just kind of unfunny.

racefaceec90

i thought she was great in a dirty shame (i will be in the minority of one who liked the film though 😉

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zzi1UnM31Q[/video]

Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

perchypanther – Member
    Of course, the Bunty was waaay funnier than the Victor.

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Only if they publish a calendar!

slimjim78
    Free Member

its not one-liner comedy, it’s more observational.

I’m not saying im her biggest fan, but FWIW she’s as good as or better than most of the guff on BBC.

Comedy is as subjective as any other form of entertainment – it’s impossible to convince anyone that something is funny, if they simply don’t think it is. Ullman, however, probably deserves more credit for her delivery skill.

I haven’t seen that movie above, but looks whacky enough to be worth a couple weekend beers!!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Tracey Ullman’ is closed to new replies.