Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Tracer VP Owners – How Your Bearings Holding Out
  • dustytrails

Am thinking of possibly getting one, Or a DW 5spot or poss Titus ftm. Had a 5.5 before & bearings didn’t hold out too good. Do the new grease port bearings hold up any better? This will be a bike to replace my nicked faux bar 5 spot. Any comments / opinions??????
    TA

iDrew
    Free Member

Mine’s 6 months old and the bearings are still perfect – I do inject new grease every month just in-case.

Not sure if its of interest, but the latest Tracer VPs are now manufactured with ISCG mounts on

craig1975
    Free Member

Ive had mine 6 months too and the bearings in the bottom linkage are perfect. I pump some fresh gease in there once in a while and all seams to be holding up just fine.

However Ive had to strip down the cartridge bearings on the upper linkages and re-grease them, Luckily I caught them in time as there wasn’t any grease left in them but they where still racing! I poppet the seals of gave them a good clean out and then applied a good heavy marine grease, they are working perfect again.

BTW i do not pressure wash my bike, I use a sponge and garden hose

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Tracer VP Owners – How Your Bearings Holding Out’ is closed to new replies.