Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Toys for a 6 month old
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

I hope the fountain ok STW knowledge can help on this. I have a 6 month old daughter who is very easily bored. She wants constant amusement so it is new toy time. Can anyone recommend something that will keep an inquistive young mind amused for more than a couple of minutes?

GW
    Free Member

a more interested/imaginative parent? 😛

Seriously, it's not rocket science, play with her, anything is interesting to a 6mth old.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Fischer Price Rainforest Jumperoo

Mister-P
    Free Member

Thanks for that GW. If you can help me work out how I am meant to play with her while I am at work then please feel free to assist…

Richie_B

Can't remember clearly (it was almost three months ago) but the baby gym kept our youngest occupied for reasonable periods at that age. If she can sit up she may be old enough for a properly adjusted baby bouncer. The problem is that at that age they have the attention span of a goldfish and what will keep one occupied won't be of any interest to another

ski
    Free Member

A pet kitten?

No….. ok 😉

Does she use a BUMBO Baby Seat?

That opens up a few more options for play.

GW
    Free Member

you want a toy that will look after a 6mth old baby while you're at work?

😯

sofatester
    Free Member

I have a 1 year old Son (who I don't get to see much 👿 ). But when I do get time with him, he seems happy to just press the buttons on my HRM to make it beep, or to be held upside down and walk on his hands across the floor. Just bought him a super small football, which he seems to like rolling around. Apart from that he likes to be bounced up and down on my knees. Simple minded chap like his Dad!

Seriously dude, just play the fool and make silly noises. Works every time.

Sure there will be some parenting "experts" along shortly to recommend the ultimate toy, which develops both intellect and cognitive skill. 🙄

takisawa2

All babies should come with a Bumbo.
    We got one of them bouncing cradles that hang from a door frame. I considered rigging up a track system throughout the house, so he could go from room to room.

marcus
    Free Member

A blackberry / mobile phone and TV remote control.

br
    Free Member

mine use to love laying under the kiddie gym, kicking away

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

A sub woofer with a hole in the front that they can put marbles and cars into!!?!?!?!?! 👿

the-muffin-man

A sub woofer with a hole in the front that they can put marbles and cars into!!?!?!?!?!

…make sure you're grills are on your speakers, or your tweeters will end up getting pushed in too!!!

Mister-P
    Free Member

The GF has been looking at a Bumbo, I have stuck that on my shopping list.

Richie_B

Thinking about it the only truly effective thing that occupies our youngest is his big brother. The only problem is that acting as the bouncer to stop big brother getting too ambitious with his game of 'bounce the baby' is more stressful than occupying him yourself.

VanHalen

baking tin and a selection of objects to bash it with.

a selection of measuring spoons.

a cardboard box.

anything is a toy at that age.

i`d say be imaginative but as you are asking on here…..

oddjob
    Free Member

A set of stacking cups, It's kept our two amuzed longer than any other single toy.

beamers

+1 for the stacking cups.

Our 10 month old is particularly interested in her big bag of wooden bricks from the Early Learning Center. She spends ages carefully taking the bricks out one at a time, giving them a suck, putting them down and selecting another.

Another fave is the set of 4 rattles that we got from boots. One has bells, another has a roller with little balls in. She can make a right old noise with one in each hand.

geoffj

Get an old video recorder from the dump and give him a stack of 2p pieces to post through the slot. Keeps the little tykes happy for hours 🙂

therealhoops
    Free Member

a subscription to BabyTV

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Toys for a 6 month old’ is closed to new replies.