Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Toyota GT86 / Subaru BRZ
  • Nomad
    Free Member

Fancying one of these for the next car.
    I’ve read reviews online and currently liking the Toyota more due to the level of kit.
    Has anyone got any real world experience of ownership? It will be the smaller of 2 family cars so doesn’t have to be a load lugger but it will occasionally need to transport 2 teenagers and Mrs N shortish distances without them having to see a chiropractor afterwards.

N

hodgynd
    Free Member

No real world experience ..but I was just looking at the Toyota GT at an Isuzu dealership yesterday afternoon ( 15 plate ) ..looks the dogs danglys ..but I wouldn’t like to travel more than 100yds in the back .
    The owners Focus RS parked out front caught my attention more … 😀

ceept

He had a BRZ for a while. I loved driving it, but we couldn’t fit 1 toddler in the back, never mind 2 teenagers. I’m 6 foot, and there was only an inch or 2 between the back seat & the back of the drivers seat.

teethgrinder

Aren’t these the pair of cars where you almost have to remove the engine or drop out the sub-frame just to change the spark plugs?

As with all of my recent knowledge, I think there was a thread on this very subject a couple of years back on here.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Are these the same car with a different badge?

keithyr
    Free Member

had the GT86 for 2 and a half years.

great car, not very refined or comfortable but great fun car to drive.

I’m 6ft2 and you could only get an ice scraper between back of driver seat and the rear seats!

i would doubt very much that you’d get 4 folk in it unless they are pretty short. the back seats are more for show than use due to the low height and tiny legroom if anybody in the front seats.

best go have a look in one to see if it would work for you but i’d doubt it.

ownership was pretty good with no major expenses, toyaota warranty is great, had a squealing brake issue which they resolved. ecoonomy is not bad, 40ish on long run up A9 with fully loaded boot included a dismantled bike.

word of caution though, as its RWD you have to be a bit more careful and it is fun but you have to watch what you’re doing when pushing it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Toyota GT86 / Subaru BRZ’ is closed to new replies.